We have a Common Octopus in SEA LIFE Munich. Her name is Pauline! She’s the same species as Paul – the octopus from SEA LIFE Oberhausen who predicted the world cup scores! These beautiful creatures are very intelligent animals, in fact they are the most intelligent of all invertebrates, and are as smart as a dog! Its skin can change colour to fit its background. Each of the 8 tentacles has a double row of suckers. By day it hides among rocks, coming out to hunt at night for crabs, lobsters and fishes.
Things to Do:
- Find out why her favourite food is shell fish & crustaceans
- Discover how our Pauline likes to decorate her home
- Pauline is very curious and playful – she can even unscrew vessels
- She has not tested her prediction skills regarding football bets yet
- See her long arms grabbing and touching all around her
- Spot her big powerful suckers