SEA LIFE Blackpool’s common octopus is named Ollie after Blackpool FC’s manager Ian Holloway. He even became a mascot in their run up to entering the Premiership. He collects crustacean shells and other objects to construct fortresses, or "gardens," around his lair with his 8 intertwining arms, and double rows of suckers.
He’s the same species as Paul – the octopus who predicted the world cup scores!
Things to Do
- Discover how Ollie has decorated his home
- Find out why his favourite food is shell fish & crustaceans
- Learn all about why he lives with us at SEA LIFE Blackpool
- Spot his big powerful suckers!
- See his long arms grabbing and touching all around him!