Get closer than ever at the Interactive Rockpool
This is where you get (a little) wet! If you’ve ever wondered what lives in the rockpools around our coast, this is the place to find out. You’ll get the chance to get really close and even touch, hold and learn about some of the wonderful creatures that live there. These include crabs, starfish and anemones!
Everything in our Touch Pool – from the rocks to the creatures - is safe to handle. Our rockpool experts will show you how. They will also tell you all about how they survive and what they eat!
But did you know that most rockpool creatures are scavengers or filter feeders? Filter feeders don’t necessarily hunt their food but sit in one place and filter the food they need as it passes in the currents. Animals like the Sea Squirt and Anemone are filter feeders.
- The Interactive Rock Pool is open all day
- Rockpool experts are on hand all day
- You’ll be able to hold a crab – without getting nipped
- Touch a live starfish and find out about their amazing abilities
- Find out what a sea anemone is and how it feeds