Seahorses get their names from their horse like appearance.
They are always well camouflaged to hide against the plants that they live among from hungry predators. A Seahorse's favourite food is mysis shrimp and we feed them this tasty treat 3 times a day. The Seahorse is not in immediate danger, but is vulnerable because there aren't many left.
Things to Do
- Spot the Seahorse camouflage in their tank
- Find out why they are such sensitive creatures
- Discover why they need excellent water quality, plenty of room and special feeding
- Watch out! Seahorses are distressed by people tapping on the glass / using flash photography so please be careful
- Find out why the Seahorse is classified as Near Threatened (NT)