To apply for an open, paid position, please visit www.merlincareers.com.
We'd love to have you join our team!
All job offers are contingent upon the candidate pasing a pre-employment background check.
Primary role is to provide excellent customer service to all guests entering the attraction by providing them knowledge about all the products that SEA LIFE Minnesota has to offer and through positive guest interactions. This part time position is a flexible position that works through out the Operations Department in both Sales and Guest Experience positions.
SPECIAL NOTE: TO BE CONSIDERED ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A RESUME.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion for sales
- Fun, Positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible availability (weekends are a MUST)
- Experience dealing with large crowds a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple guests and cash handling
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm while doing repetitive work
- Reliable and punctual
- Smile and greet every guest that you encounter and pair them with the best aquarium product that meets their needs.
- Have a working knowledge of what the Aquarium is and be able to describe to guests in an exciting manner.
- Understand the different programs at the aquarium: Behind the Scenes tours, Feed the Sharks/Rays/Turtles/Touchpool, Memberships, Plunge, Adventure Guides and offer these programs to each group as they purchase tickets.
- Handle customer issues effectively and professionally and know who to contact if further assistance in needed
- Efficiently handle each customer interaction, particularly on peak days, while maintaining high customer service standards.
- Be in position as assigned by manager on duty to ensure proper coverage for the different areas of the building.
- Always be in full, proper uniform.
- Attend Operation meetings and all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand ticketing system and use it effectively.
- Understand coupons, gift certificates and prepaid tickets and how to enter them into the ticketing system.
- Expedite members and pre-paid ticket holders entrance into the aquarium.
- Able to complete new membership process.
- Work the Photo entrance and/or roaming positions and effectively capture welcome photos of guests
- Work the Photo Redemption area and understand all the products offered, processes of ringing up a package and printing the photos..
- Follow the correct cash handling procedures set by SEA LIFE Minnesota
GUEST EXPERIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret all areas of the Aquarium in a fun, exciting way.
- Deliver 45-minute Behind-the-Scenes tours that are both educational and entertaining.
- Interact with guests and offer stories and information about the animals and answer questions as needed.
- Offer shark tooth necklaces to guests as a secondary revenue source.
- Always welcome guests into your area and offer a pleasant parting
To apply, please visit www.merlincareers.com.
Guest Service Representative
The Displays/Animal Care Internship Program has been discontinued until further notice. Any questions regarding pending applications may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Displays/Animal Care Internship