To apply for an open, paid position, please visit www.merlincareers.com.
We'd love to have you join our team!
All job offers are contingent upon the candidate pasing a pre-employment background check.
Primary role is to provide excellent customer service to all guests entering the attraction by providing them knowledge about all the products that SEA LIFE Minnesota has to offer and through positive guest interactions. This part time position is a flexible position that works through out the Operations Department in both Sales and Guest Experience positions.
SPECIAL NOTE: TO BE CONSIDERED ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A RESUME.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion for sales
- Fun, Positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible availability (weekends are a MUST)
- Experience dealing with large crowds a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple guests and cash handling
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm while doing repetitive work
- Reliable and punctual
- Smile and greet every guest that you encounter and pair them with the best aquarium product that meets their needs.
- Have a working knowledge of what the Aquarium is and be able to describe to guests in an exciting manner.
- Understand the different programs at the aquarium: Behind the Scenes tours, Feed the Sharks/Rays/Turtles/Touchpool, Memberships, Plunge, Adventure Guides and offer these programs to each group as they purchase tickets.
- Handle customer issues effectively and professionally and know who to contact if further assistance in needed
- Efficiently handle each customer interaction, particularly on peak days, while maintaining high customer service standards.
- Be in position as assigned by manager on duty to ensure proper coverage for the different areas of the building.
- Always be in full, proper uniform.
- Attend Operation meetings and all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand ticketing system and use it effectively.
- Understand coupons, gift certificates and prepaid tickets and how to enter them into the ticketing system.
- Expedite members and pre-paid ticket holders entrance into the aquarium.
- Able to complete new membership process.
- Work the Photo entrance and/or roaming positions and effectively capture welcome photos of guests
- Work the Photo Redemption area and understand all the products offered, processes of ringing up a package and printing the photos..
- Follow the correct cash handling procedures set by SEA LIFE Minnesota
GUEST EXPERIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret all areas of the Aquarium in a fun, exciting way.
- Deliver 45-minute Behind-the-Scenes tours that are both educational and entertaining.
- Interact with guests and offer stories and information about the animals and answer questions as needed.
- Offer shark tooth necklaces to guests as a secondary revenue source.
- Always welcome guests into your area and offer a pleasant parting
To apply, please visit www.merlincareers.com.
Guest Service Representative
Duties will focus on the following marketing principles: events, advertising, promotions, and public relations. Each intern will have a primary focus within the marketing field, but will be exposed to all areas. The internship is un-paid, and eligible candidate must receive college credit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement off-site promotions including appearances with the aquarium’s mascot, as well as community celebrations and events. Attend off-site mascot events to manage off-site staff.
- Plan and execute on-site events, such as Sharks After Dark, Member Events, and other special events tied to promotional activities; as well as serve as the liaison between special programs and marketing and sales teams.
Social Media & Design:
- Actively participate- in and grow SEA LIFE’s social media initiatives on Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Google+, Pinterest, Foursquare, Blogger and others.
- Design collateral using Adobe based programs (only if student can supply laptop with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator).
Promotions & Partnerships:
- Assist with the development of coupons and offers for promotional events.
- Implement contests between Mall of America tenants and surrounding hotel shuttle drivers.
- Track progress of each promotion on monthly and year to date analysis.
- Write press releases and assist with on-site media.
- Write blog posts that correspond with SEA LIFE’s press releases.
- Stock coupons throughout Mall of America signage
- Manage inventory and storage of all on-site collateral, as well as file samples and photograph signage.
- Proofreading of communication pieces including signage, website, and collateral pieces.
- Enter email addresses in spreadsheets to be utilized toward e-blasts
- Other Marketing and Sales department duties that arise.
Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and with limited supervision. Candidate must respond well to pressure and deadlines, and have strong written and oral communication skills. Must be pursuing degree in Journalism, Marketing and/or Communications.
Internship is unpaid and student must be eligible to receive college credit.
Ideal candidate could begin part-time this May and work throughout the summer months.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Marketing Internship)
Include a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Which area of marketing are you interested in pursuing throughout this internship?
- What interests you in working at SEA LIFE Minnesota?
- What do you hope to gain from this internship?
Applications deadline: Monday, March 31, 2014. Interviews will be held throughout the month of April.
2014 Summer Marketing Internship
The Displays/Animal Care Internship Program has been discontinued until further notice. Any questions regarding pending applications may be directed to email@example.com.
Displays/Animal Care Internship