This is where you get (a little) wet!
If you've ever wondered what lives in the rock pools around our coast, this is the place to find out. Get really close to the wonderful creatures that live on our shores and our rock pool experts are on hand to show you how!
Things to Do
- Hold a crab - without getting nipped
- Touch a live starfish
- Find out what a sea squirt is and how it squirts
- Spot the shelled creatures
- Learn all about limpets (and everything else) from our learned team
1 of 3
- Plants and animals that live here must be able to cope with constantly changing conditions as water temperature, salinity and oxygen level fluctuate. Coping with all this, and with crashing waves, in addition to avoiding predators is no easy task.
- Hermit crabs live in colonies up to 100 or more.If the Sea Anemone is not eaten or destroyed – they can live for decades.
- Hermit crabs live in colonies up to 100 or more.If the Sea Anemone is not eaten or destroyed – they can live for decades.Sea stars have no brains and no blood. Their nervous system is spread through their arms and their 'blood' is actually filtered sea water.