Marine Biologist Experience
Fancy getting stuck in the action?
At Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary you can spend the day exploring the magical underwater world with your own personal expert member of our animal care team, meeting and feeding some of our amazing marine life. This rewarding experience is one of our most exclusive, exciting and educational experiences our team has to offer and not one to be forgotten.
You'll begin this journey of discovery at the visitor centre were you will recieve your Sanctuary guidebook from the helpful admissions staff.
Then it's time to go explore the centre; you'll be learning all about conservation, getting stuck in behind the scenes with food preperation and of course - feeding the animals.
Marine Biologist Experience – Sample Itinerary
- Arrive at the centre at 10am
- Meet and greet with your own private expert member of staff and visit our behind the scenes preparation room and learn about our marine creatures different dietary requirements, feeding schedules and help prepare the actual food yourself.
- Help with the feeding of the turtles and learn how to check their shells.
- Set off on your VIP tour helping with all the small feeds on the way.
- Help with the feeding of the otters.
- Help with the feeding of the seals.
- Learn about the importance and process of identifying ray eggs for breeding of both Undulate Rays and Thornback Rays. Visit our displays to examine actual ray eggs and assign banding for the eggs for SEA LIFE breeding programme.
- Help with the feeding of the seahorses.
- Visit our ocean marine life and learn about the variety of ocean creatures, their nutrition and the importance of calcium to shell growth in turtles.
- Help with the Ocean Feed and feed the Black Tip Reef Sharks.
- Finish off your day by receiving a certificate of completion and an exclusive Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary goodie bag.
- Home time is 3pm
Individual (aged 11 - 16 years)
CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW >>
The Marine Biologist for a Day Experience is available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and only one spot per day is available so you are ensured the complete attention of our team of aquarists.
The Marine Biologist Experience begins at 10am and finishes at 3pm. Please ensure you arrive at the Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary at 10am to ensure a prompt start.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can be made on any Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday throughout 2014 excluding Christmas Day.
- There is a minimum age of 11 for all Marine Biologist Experience visitors due to Health and Safety and a maximum age of 16 years old.
- Guests tetanus vaccinations must be up-to-date.
- Please ensure that you wear old clothes for the Experience as the day can get messy.
- Sensible shoes and clothing should be worn as the day may include walking and standing for periods of time.
- If you are unable to make a booking please contact the Sanctuary on email@example.com and we will arrange for you to come at an alternative date. Unfortunately no refunds can be given.
- You must remain in close contact with the member of staff you are assisting and not wander off.
- You must not enter any behind the scenes areas without the permission of the member of staff you are assisting.
- You must not touch any creatures unless given permission by a member of staff.
- No jewellery other than ear studs is permitted. Long hair must be tied back and high heeled shoes must not be worn.
- Any accident or injury sustained must be reported to a member of staff immediately so the appropriate action can be taken and first aid administrated.
- In the event of an emergency you must follow the instructions of a member of staff. In the unlikely event that you become separated from a member of staff in an emergency please make your way outside to a public area.