Japanese Spider Crab
Japanese Spider Crabs are the largest arthropod known to man and can grow – unbelievably – to the size of a mini! Yes! Their leg span can be as wide as 3.8 metres!
Our Japanese Spider Crab is bright orange, with white spots along its legs. Although it looks terrifyingly big, it is actually a gentle animal. In its natural habitat the Japanese Spider Crab feeds on shellfish and animal carcasses and may live to be 100 years old!
Things to Do
- See the biggest species of crab in the world
- Find out where he likes to live
- Guess how big his legs are
- Find out why his favourite food is squid
- Learn about the threats that face these giant beasts