Our Loggerhead Turtle, Antiopi, is between 50 and 60 years old! She was rescued from the Greek island of Zakynthos where she had suffered head injuries from a boat propeller. Sadly, she cannot be returned to the wild because of the damage to her brain so we have given her a permanent home here in Scarborough. She can often be found sleeping near the bottom corner of the tunnel with her head in the rocks.
Things to Do
- Watch Antiopi steal mackerel from the Sharks, brave girl!
- See her beautiful scales as she glides through the water
- Watch her trying to say Hello!
- Find out how fast she swims
- Look at how big she has grown