Covid-19 - Information for guests
At SEA LIFE Blankenberge, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences and we attach the utmost importance to the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We have introduced a series of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19, in accordance with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive at our park and others require guest attention to ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Prior to your arrival with us:
- Make sure you have purchased your ticket online on our website and follow the timeslot you have chosen to avoid queues.
- Before leaving home, check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- On the spot, only electronic or "contactless" payments, instead of cash, are possible.
- As in public transport and in shops, we also ask you to wear a suitable face mask when you visit our park.
- We kindly request you to refrain from visiting our park if you start showing symptoms related to COVID-19. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to change your reserved time slot.
- Always keep 1.5 meters away from other visitors and the park staff.
Upon arrival at our attraction:
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticket capacity of our attractions to enable social distance and the best possible guest experience.
- If you come by car, please follow all instructions regarding parking arrangements.
- You will notice new information boards informing you about important safety messages and instructions. Please also follow these instructions correctly, for your safety and that of the others.
Social distance measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new rules for the application of “social distancing” in queues. The time slots are organized in such a way that no queues are allowed to arise. If you have to wait your turn, please follow the markings in the park. Clear markings or signage have been installed in our attraction's queues, at the toilet and souvenir shop to help guests stay a safe distance from each other. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that the correct social distance is maintained.
- Our dining room / bakery is closed for security reasons. You can buy a drink or snack in the store. No seating is provided here.
- We have developed a one-way route to accommodate, to avoid contact between different groups of people.
- We have introduced new capacity limits for our indoor section. These restrictions ensure that there is sufficient room for social distancing.
- We have adjusted or suspended some experiences and facilities to ensure that social distance is maintained appropriately. For example, offering costume characters "meet and greet" our mascot Sharky, some games, interactive or play areas, or touch basins and props has been changed or suspended.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at all service counters to physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced improved cleaning measures throughout the day, aimed at disinfecting high-frequency touch points such as benches, service counters, flush handles, faucets, door handles and knobs.
- We have introduced new deep cleansing measures in case a person shows symptoms similar to COVID-19.
- We have installed a large number of hygiene stations / hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitizer. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- Self-service candy bars and self-service slush stations have also been reconfigured or closed to reduce the number of high-frequency touch points.
- As with our employees, we politely ask that all of our guests respect the highest possible hygiene standards - be it sneezing or coughing, by regular hand washing or frequent hand sanitizer application.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programs that teach them how to stay safe and how to protect our guests.
We hope that these new health and safety measures will give our guests confidence and enthusiasm to visit our park and our animals. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and while every effort is made to protect the safety and well-being of our guests, everyone should be aware of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before visiting.
We thank you for your and understanding. Now let's create new magical memories together!