Attraction changes & Corona security measures
At SEA LIFE Blankenberge, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences and we attach the utmost importance to the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We have introduced a series of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19, in accordance with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive at our park and others require guest attention to ensure everyone has a magical visit.
- All tickets must be bought online
- Virtual aquarium: Please download your favourite fish & bring with your colouring page with you.
- Quiz trail: Please bring with your
- Unfortunately our climbing frame and play area are closed
- Only chocolate bars, crisps and drinks are available to eat.
- We have a time table of feeding moments, but no group presentations.
- We only accept cards/contactless payments at this time
- If possible, please wear a suitable face covering or mask.
- Do not visit if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to change your reserved time slot.
- Respect social distancing & keep 1.5 meters away from other visitors and park staff.
- Be on time we have significantly reduced the daily ticket capacity of our attraction for the safest and best possible guest experience.
- Please read our new information boards at the entrance & follow these instructions correctly;
- stay within the marked areas,
- follow the new one way route,
- use the hand gel,
- do not touch items in the shop unless you are going to buy,
- use the paper tissues and throw them away.
What have we done
Social distance measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new rules for the application of “social distancing” in queues. The time slots are organized in such a way that no queues are allowed to arise. If you have to wait your turn, please follow the markings in the park. Clear markings or signage have been installed in our attraction's queues, at the toilet and souvenir shop to help guests stay a safe distance from each other. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that the correct social distance is maintained.
- We have developed a one-way route to accommodate, to avoid contact between different groups of people.
- We have introduced new capacity limits for our indoor section. These restrictions ensure that there is sufficient room for social distancing.
- We have adjusted or suspended some experiences and facilities to ensure that social distance is maintained appropriately. For example, offering costume characters "meet and greet" our mascot Sharky, some games, interactive or play areas, or touch basins and props has been changed or suspended.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at all service counters to physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced improved cleaning measures throughout the day, aimed at disinfecting high-frequency touch points such as benches, service counters, flush handles, faucets, door handles and knobs.
- We have introduced new deep cleansing measures in case a person shows symptoms similar to COVID-19.
- We have installed a large number of hygiene stations / hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitizer. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- Self-service candy bars and self-service slush stations have also been reconfigured or closed to reduce the number of high-frequency touch points.
- As with our employees, we politely ask that all of our guests respect the highest possible hygiene standards - be it sneezing or coughing, by regular hand washing or frequent hand sanitizer application.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programs that teach them how to stay safe and how to protect our guests.
We hope that these new health and safety measures will give our guests confidence and enthusiasm to visit our park and our animals. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and while every effort is made to protect the safety and well-being of our guests, everyone should be aware of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before visiting.
We thank you for your and understanding. Now let's create new magical memories together!