PLEASE NOTE: Our Turtle Feed Experience is unavailable until 1/4/15 due to essential maintenance works taking place. Please do continue to use this page to book for after this date.
Come up close and personal with some of the most fascinating creatures of the ocean as you take the VIP Turtle Feed Experience. Come and feed Boris and Phoenix the Green sea turtles, Sea Life London’s friendliest and hungriest residents, in our magnificent tropical ocean display.
Green sea turtles are one of the largest species of sea turtle in the world and have been known to grow to almost 2 metres in length. Boris and Phoenix, both 10 years old are around 90cm long and each weigh over 100 kg. Green by name, and green by nature, these turtles enjoy a daily feast of green vegetables such as lettuce and cucumber. Though this diet may seem strange, green turtles are the only sea turtles to turn completely vegetarian as they get older and wild green turtles spend their adult lives grazing on sea grass.
Your Turtle Feeding experience will include:
- Unlimited access into the Aquarium on the day of your feeding experience
- A 20 minute turtle feeding experience
- A knowledgeable, trained Aquarist to help you enjoy your turtle feeding experience and learn about the ocean turtle’s diet and habitat
Feeds take place daily at 12:30 and are available for a maximum of two people per booking. During peak periods* there is an additional VIP Turtle Feeding Experience available at 9.15am. Tickets cost £55 per person and are available to book online or on the day subject to availability. The VIP Turtle Feeding Experience is for guests aged 16 years and older. Guests with limited mobility are asked to contact us before making their booking.
*Peak Periods are as follows:
- - 15th February 2014 - 23rd February
- - 5th April 2014 - 21st April 2014
- - 5th May 2014
- - 24th May 2014 - 1st June 2014
- - 26th July 2014 - 31st August 2014
- - 25th October 2014 - 2nd November 2014
- - 20th December 2014 - 4th January 2015