Bring the magic of our aquarium into your classroom!
SEA LIFE Melbourne is delighted to offer online workshops for schools, an educational experience that can be delivered direct to your classroom smartboard or an individual digital device!
Aligned with the Victorian Curriculum with a focus on STEM disciplines, our online interactive classes bring students face-to-face with our experienced SEA LIFE Melbourne Educators, inspiring curiosity about the natural world and how they can help to protect it.
Meet our skilled SEA LIFE educators online, learn about SEA LIFE’s incredible animals including your choice of animals, including penguins, sharks, fish and reptiles! Find out how we care for our incredible and unique animals and discover the different habitats our animals need to thrive in this curriculum-aligned workshop..
What you need to know
- The workshop runs for a total of 45 minutes
- The workshop runs through the principles of animal care and give students an understanding of
what is involved in the average day of a keeper.
- The workshop is designed for students to interact, ask questions, provoke discussion.
- The 45 minute workshop can cover your choice of the following topics:
- Animal classifications
- Food web
- Life cycles
- The animals the students can 'meet' can include your choice of:
- King and Gentoo Penguins
- 10 species of shark including grey nurse shark and Black Reef Sharks, Sandbar Whaler and Speartooth sharks
- Reptiles including 5.5 metre crocodile Pinjarra, turtles, snakes, and lizards
- A worksheet will be provided for students to print out and have available as the workshops take place
- A post-workshop worksheet will also be provided to encourage further learning intentions.
How does it work?
- Currently available Mondays - Fridays during school hours.
Multiple bookings can be made consecutively (back-to-back) to accommodate multiple classes within one day.
- Recommended minimum class size of 5. Maximum class size of 30.
- A teacher or classroom assistant will be required to assist and facilitate throughout the workshop.
- The workshop length is recommended to be 45 minutes.
- Aligned with the Victorian Curriculum with a focus on STEM disciplines, our online interactive classes bring students face-to-face with our experienced SEA LIFE Melbourne Educators, inspiring curiosity about the natural world and how they can help to protect it.
- Our Educators can run remote workshops by dialing into Zoom or Skype!
Cost and Payment
$10 per student incl GST. Each student also receives a 20% off voucher to visit SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium. Teachers receive a free pass.
$15 per student (plus P&P) for a Penguin Show bag including a SEA LIFE tote, Baby Chick Plush, and certificate.
An invoice will be sent through after your visit. Payment must be received within 7 days of your session.
Once confirmed, bookings cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled date will incur a 50% cancellation fee to cover costs.
Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the scheduled date of visit will not be charged.
The booking date can be rescheduled within the same year (subject to availability) more than 14 days prior to the scheduled date of visit.
To book your Interactive Digital Workshop please contact a member of our education team on email@example.com.