Submerged is an interactive digital experience within SEA LIFE Melbourne, taking guests on a journey through living light inspired by the bioluminescent underwater world.
From a glittering shoreline in the midst of spawning season to a moonlit deep dive into the depths of the bioluminescent unknown, Submerged will tell the story of the dazzling firefly squid and other majestic ocean animals. Suitable for all ages, included in admission.
LIMITED TIME ONLY
Suitable to all ages, Submerged is a large-scale temporary exhibition open until December 2023 while SEA LIFE Melbourne’s 2.2 million litre Oceanarium display undergoes renovations.
Submerged will be a large-scale temporary exhibition available until December 2023 while SEA LIFE Melbourne’s 2.2 million litre Oceanarium display undergoes renovations.
While the Oceanarium undergoes upgrades, some of the incredible creatures – including the larger sharks and rays – will not be visible to guests. Rest assured, there will still be thousands of wonderful marine and freshwater creatures for guests to discover during their visit to SEA LIFE Melbourne throughout 2023. In addition to the new Submerged experience, visitors can marvel at sub-Antarctic penguins, turtles, jellyfish, Port Jackson sharks, Pinjarra the saltwater crocodile, fish of all shapes, sizes and colours, and more!
- Submerged will be included in the price of admission.
- Suitable for all ages
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass, giving you online access to your digital entry photos – valued at $26!
- Book a date and time to guarantee entry
- Discover thousands of creatures including penguins, jellyfish and a mega Croc!
- Book 24 hours in advance to receive our best price! Only available for weekdays, excluding the school holidays and public holidays
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18+
Melbourne Big Ticket
- Combine SEA LIFE Melbourne with Legoland Discovery Centre
- Australia's ONLY Indoor LEGO Playground with 4D Cinema, 2 x rides and 10 LEGO play zones!
- Valid for admission within 90 days *must include a child ticket
Annual Pass Pre-Book
- Book this ticket if you have a Merlin Annual Pass and need to book a time slot
- Make sure you book a date and time to guarantee entry
Submerged is now open to the public!
Submerged will be included in the price of admission.
Submerged is included in the General Admission ticket to SEA LIFE Melbourne. It cannot be purchased separately
Submerged will run until the end of December.
Just like the rest of SEA LIFE Melbourne, Submerged is wheelchair accessible and suitable for prams, with access available via lifts.
Submerged does not include smoke, haze or strobe lights. The exhibition does feature slow-moving projections, which may have an effect on people who are sensitive to moving light or have photosensitive epilepsy. If you feel unwell at any time while visiting SEA LIFE Melbourne, please let our team know.
learn more about our accessibility.
The creatures that resided in our Oceanarium have either been moved to our sister attractions SEA LIFE Sydney and SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, or are currently behind the scenes here at SEA LIFE Melbourne. The creatures have been transported safely and our dedicated team has ensured their comfort every step of the way.