As a Team Merlin Guest Experience Host, you will help to create lifelong memorable experiences in our attraction for our guest. You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the attraction, this includes: customer service, customer interaction, and children’s entertainment across this busy attraction.
- Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to Guest Service, and demonstrates the Merlin -- Values at every opportunity.
- Works in a team rotation with touch pools and various other positions throughout the aquarium.
- Inspires children by playing with props and demonstrating possibilities of the materials, while maintaining an open-ended approach.
- Floats within area and directly communicates with guests by greeting, explaining, demonstrating. Is alert to guests need for assistance and independence.
- Maintains excellent knowledge of all program content, and is thoroughly familiar with aquarium displays and species, in order to reference and recommend extended learning.
- Facilitates public talks using public announce systems and microphones.
- Informally surveys teacher and child satisfaction with program, communicates suggestions. Gives input regarding programs’ strength and weakness. Encourages school guests to complete satisfaction surveys.
- Ensure that our extended queue lines are managed in a safe way while still delivering an excellent guest experience.
- Ensures aquariums are clean, organized and ready to open on a daily basis. Assist in clearing the building for closing.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and beautification of SEA LIFE, including, but not limited to, sweeping, stocking the restrooms, and helping pick up trash.
- Experience with teaching or guiding children.
- Experience in a Customer Service role.
- Excellent communication, listening, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage groups.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the aquarium and interact with employees.
- Ability to keep hands and arms in salt and freshwater for long periods of time while interacting with guests.
- Previous experience in service industry
- Experience with science curriculum and/or biology or marine biology
- Teaching experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com, bring resume in to SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium or apply online.