We are now hiring Guest Service Representatives and Promotional Hosts! To read more about the positions, please see below under "Open Positions."
Easy to Apply - Pick ONE of the Following
- Download the interest form (link below), fill out and email to Jessica.Mitrani@merlinentertainments.biz: OR bring completed form in to the SEA LIFE MN Aquarium at Mall of America
- Email resume to Jessica.Mitrani@merlinentertainments.biz
We'd love to have you join our team!
All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing a pre-employment background check.
Primary role is to provide excellent customer service to all guests entering the attraction by providing them knowledge about all the products that SEA LIFE Minnesota has to offer and through positive guest interactions. This part time position is a flexible position that works through out the Operations Department in both Sales and Guest Experience positions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion for sales
- Fun, Positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible availability (weekends are a MUST)
- Experience dealing with large crowds a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple guests and cash handling
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm while doing repetitive work
- Reliable and punctual
- Smile and greet every guest that you encounter and pair them with the best aquarium product that meets their needs.
- Have a working knowledge of what the Aquarium is and be able to describe to guests in an exciting manner.
- Understand the different programs at the aquarium: Behind the Scenes tours, Feed the Sharks/Rays/Turtles/Touchpool, Memberships, Plunge, Adventure Guides and offer these programs to each group as they purchase tickets.
- Handle customer issues effectively and professionally and know who to contact if further assistance in needed
- Efficiently handle each customer interaction, particularly on peak days, while maintaining high customer service standards.
- Be in position as assigned by manager on duty to ensure proper coverage for the different areas of the building.
- Always be in full, proper uniform.
- Attend Operation meetings and all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand ticketing system and use it effectively.
- Understand coupons, gift certificates and prepaid tickets and how to enter them into the ticketing system.
- Expedite members and pre-paid ticket holders entrance into the aquarium.
- Able to complete new membership process.
- Work the Photo entrance and/or roaming positions and effectively capture welcome photos of guests
- Work the Photo Redemption area and understand all the products offered, processes of ringing up a package and printing the photos..
- Follow the correct cash handling procedures set by SEA LIFE Minnesota
GUEST EXPERIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret all areas of the Aquarium in a fun, exciting way.
- Deliver 45-minute Behind-the-Scenes tours that are both educational and entertaining.
- Interact with guests and offer stories and information about the animals and answer questions as needed.
- Offer shark tooth necklaces to guests as a secondary revenue source.
- Always welcome guests into your area and offer a pleasant parting
To apply, please visit www.merlincareers.com.
Job ID: 3318
Guest Service Representative
Members of the promotional team are the face and voice of SEA LIFE Minnesota. As a member you will drive meaningful interactions with prospective guests, which lead to brand awareness, promotional coupon distribution and ticket sales.
- Excellent communication skills
- Charismatic and outgoing personality
- Works exceptionally well with others – Proven success in a team environment
- Stand and remain mobile for extended periods of time
- Maintain charming and lighthearted attitude and high level of energy during duration of promotional period
- Flexible work schedule: 12 – 20 hours per week. Peak times include days and weekends / Off peak times include weekends
- Distribute promotional coupons to drive ticket sales
- Drive brand awareness in mall, area hotels, and at local events
- Distribute promotional coupons
- Escort Sharky mascot throughout venue and events
- Approach a variety of strangers engaging in natural conversations with the goal of developing brand awareness and drive visitation to the aquarium
- Be a SEA LIFE Minnesota ambassador
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the SEA LIFE Minnesota site and offerings
- Provide accurate tracking of coupon distribution, offer tracking, and relay feedback from interactions
- Proactively provide ideas and suggestions for distribution outlets on an ongoing basis
To apply, please visit merlincareers.com
Job ID: 3319