Devoted to protecting marine creatures
The SEA LIFE Trust is a registered marine conservation charity working globally to find solutions for the issues of plastic pollution and microplastics. We want to eliminate plastic pollution and find a way to clear our oceans of microplastics and dangerous plastic debris.
Scientists estimate that up to 26 million tons of plastic waste end up in the ocean each year, killing millions of marine creatures. Around 80% of this plastic comes from the land as litter is carried out to sea by rivers and blown by the wind from landfill into the ocean. The other 20% comes from ships at sea.
DID YOU KNOW?
SEA LIFE’s retail packaging has been reduced by over 30% in the last year and their use of PVC plastic by over 75%.
Microplastics and chemicals
Microplastics and the dangerous chemicals they contain find their way onto our plates in the seafood we eat causing cancer and other serious health issues.
Plastic breaks down into tiny bits which enter the food chain.
Want to help?
Visit SEA LIFE Trust to find out how you can helpFind out more