Merlin places great importance on the safety of its guests and animals and endeavours to ensure that its high standards are met by all persons visiting the Attractions. Please assist us in ensuring our Attractions and their facilities remain a safe place in which to enjoy fun and exciting experiences.
In these Entry Conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
Attractions: all or any part of the SEA LIFE Centres and Sanctuaries in the UK and Ireland (as appropriate) (and “Attraction” shall be interpreted accordingly);
Merlin/Us/We/Our: Merlin Entertainments (SEA LIFE) Limited (Company No. 02182098) whose registered office address is at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
You are admitted to the Attractions subject to the following Entry Conditions. If you do not comply with them you may be removed from an Attraction by Merlin personnel, security or police officers, without any right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that we may have against you or arising out of your actions. Whilst inside an Attraction, you must comply with any reasonable instructions given to you by our personnel or any third party instructed on our behalf. Merlin, acting reasonably, reserves the right to vary these Entry Conditions at any time without prior notice. By entering an Attraction, you accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety, taking into account any personal medical conditions. All persons in and around the Attractions should behave in a safe manner at all times.
For health and safety reasons, wheelchairs, pushchairs and mobility scooters are the only transport devices permitted within the Attractions.
Our commitment to provide a service:
We will endeavour to ensure that all parts of the Attractions are available to guests at the Attractions. However, we reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and change the programme of shows, tours and animal experiences and/or an individual Attraction's operating hours. Merlin in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of an Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to an Attraction. The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Merlin reasonably considers the circumstances so require. If any Attraction is closed for any of the reasons set out above, we reserve the right to offer substitute tickets for admission to the relevant Attraction on an alternative date in substitution for any other form of redress.
Our right to remove you:
Merlin, acting reasonably at all times, reserves the right, to refuse admission to the Attractions, ban from entry to the Attractions, or remove from the Attractions without any right to a refund any person whose presence or behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests, staff or animals or who: acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to an Attraction whether by bus, coach or other means, where such behaviour has been reported to us by a reliable independent source; has been convicted of a criminal offence relating to Merlin, or civil unrest at Merlin property/attractions, which, in our opinion, is likely to affect the safety and/or enjoyment of other guests, staff or animals; uses violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive, discriminatory or insulting words or behaviour or in any way behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; climbs or stands upon barriers, walls, exhibits or any other buildings at any Attraction; enters or attempts to enter any part of any Attraction which is a restricted or prohibited area as determined by Merlin. We reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings or prosecute any person who: is found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, barriers, walls, exhibits, fabrics or buildings at any Attraction; or has displayed any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting; or has previously acted in any manner which has caused any person to report that individual to Merlin; or is attempting to regain admission to an Attraction or has been found inside any Attraction without a valid ticket; or has purchased or obtained any tickets or discount vouchers from a ticket tout or Merlin reasonably believes that they have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised source. If any guest in breach of any of these Entry Conditions is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at Merlin’s discretion, be denied entry or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund.
THE ATTRACTIONS ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY. All persons entering the Attractions must pay for admission or hold a valid ticket. All persons under 3 years of age may enter the Attractions free of charge. The sale of tickets/vouchers by anyone other than Merlin is strictly prohibited. Only persons authorised by us are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to guests within an Attraction’s grounds. All tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value. Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events and/or for entry into certain parts of an Attraction and a separate admission fee may be payable in this respect. Tickets will only be exchanged or refunded if Merlin, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so. For the avoidance of any doubt, pre-booked tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason referred to in these Entry Conditions. Non-dated tickets booked in advance do not guarantee admission to an Attraction, especially during busy times or on specific days when there are special events. Tickets booked online will be delivered in accordance with our delivery procedure. If tickets are bought on behalf of other guests, the buyer accepts these Entry Conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these Entry Conditions are complied with by each person in the group. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Merlin. No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to an Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Merlin reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.
Unnecessary noise or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other guests or animals or confusion of any kind is not permitted in the Attractions. Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited other than in the designated smoking areas.
Your dress & appearance must be suitable for a family attraction:
You must wear appropriate clothing (including a top and shoes) at all times whilst at the Attractions. If you are wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, you will be refused entry or removed from the Attractions.
Some of our Attractions have a designated car park and vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. We take no responsibility for damage caused to any vehicle using our car parks and no guarantee is given as to the security of guests’ vehicles in our car parks or any contents. A parking fee may apply at some of our Attractions. If you lose your car park ticket, you will have to buy a new ticket. Motor homes, camper vans, caravans or any other vehicle of a similar nature are not permitted anywhere within the Attractions. No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attractions outside the Attractions’ normal operating hours.
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being brought into the Attractions, you are admitted to the Attractions subject to the condition that, if requested to do so, you will allow yourself and/or your belongings to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attractions any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or affect the enjoyment of other guests is strictly prohibited. Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from an Attraction without any right to a refund and we reserve the right to make reports to the relevant authorities which may lead to prosecution. The consumption of intoxicating liquors permitted only in authorised places within the Attractions. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor may not be brought into the Attractions except with the express permission of Merlin and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Attractions or escorted from the Attractions without any right to a refund. The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused admission or escorted from an Attraction without any right to a refund. CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the Attractions. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. All items, belongings and other property brought into the Attractions by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that you do not bring valuables to the Attractions.
Pets of any nature are expressly prohibited in the Attractions (except for guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs). For the avoidance of doubt, pets should not be left in any vehicle parked at the Attractions. We reserve the right to contact any relevant authority to make and be responsible for any decision in relation to any pets that are left unsupervised or that are found to be in distress.
Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordings within the Attractions provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to, or infringe the privacy of, other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attractions. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attractions, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attractions is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
Merlin accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage suffered by you as a result of any event outside our control (including any distress, inconvenience, anxiety or loss of enjoyment arising from the evacuation of the Attractions). This does not affect your statutory rights.
SEA LIFE Annual Pass Terms and Conditions
An Annual Pass will only be valid with it is used and/or presented by the named cardholder, it displays a photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder, and is within the validity period.
Photocopies of a SEA LIFE Annual Pass will not be accepted.
Any use or attempted use of an Annual Pass in breach of these terms and conditions or the relevant attraction’s regulations will result in the annual pass being revoked without compensation.
For the avoidance of doubt, pass sharing is a breach of these terms and conditions and any attempted use of an Annual Pass by someone other than the photographed and named holder, regardless of reason, will result in access being refused and the Annual Pass being revoked without compensation to any person including the named holder.
Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to the attractions. The management of the relevant attraction reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by each attraction’s regulations including, but not being limited to, the attraction reaching full capacity.
Possession or use of the Annual Pass does not guarantee immediate entry to any attraction during peak times.
All passes are sold on a non refundable and non transferable basis.
SEA LIFE London Aquarium Annual Passes will include entry to all other SEA LIFE centre’s and sanctuaries in the UK, SEA LIFE Annual Passes purchased from other SEA LIFE Centre’s and sanctuaries will not be valid at SEA LIFE London Aquarium unless stated.
If you lose your SEA LIFE Annual Pass you will need to return to the issuing attraction to have a new pass printed at a fee of £10.00 per pass.
If your pass is stolen you will need to report this to the police for a crime reference number and the issuing attraction for information regarding replacing your pass.
Your Annual Pass does not entitle you to access to the Behind the Scenes Tour or Snorkel with Sharks encounter, and these will need to purchased separately without additional discount.
2-4-1 Voucher Terms and Conditions
This voucher entitles the holder to one FREE ENTRY when purchasing a full paying gate priced Adult or Individual ticket. To redeem this offer:
1. Making your booking The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you. Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. You will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your ticket(s) We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices.
5. Changes by you Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
6. Cancellation by you Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made by contacting the site. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation number or email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings.
7. Changes and cancellation by us Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us. Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause. 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you (1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
• the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party
or • the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of visit and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable
or • 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our leaflet or website and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
UK Claims Notification Enquiries
The following information is provided to assist in the identification of our UK Employer Liability Insurers and Global Public Liability Insurers.
Ace European Group Ltd
200 Broomielaw Glasgow
Policy Number UKCANC33447
Ace European Group Ltd
200 Broomielaw Glasgow
Policy Number UKCANC33447
10. Complaints and problems In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Guest Services Team at the attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of Suppliers Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special Requests and Medical Problems If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
15. Directions Please make sure you have directions to your chosen SEA LIFE attraction.
16. Parking Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.