Pre-Post Visit Lesson Plans
Protecting our World's Oceans... with three hours worth of content pre and post an educational visit these lessons will encourage pupils to appreciate the importance of protecting our oceans, raise awareness of their own relationship with the ocean and appreciate how their daily actions can positively or negatively affect the marine environment.
Incredible Sea Creatures (Pre-Visit)
Layers of the Ocean (Pre-Visit)
What the Ocean Means (Pre-Visit)
Creative Writing (Post-Visit)
Inheritance & Variation (Post-Visit)
Ocean Pollution (Post-Visit)
SEA LIFE in association with the Shark Trust have created a series of lesson plans with one goal in mind — making life easier for teachers. Take your pick between a Shark Bites and 'Ray'zor sharp facts.. both have been created by teachers, proven in the classroom, and is absolutely, positively, completely… free!
Help your class become SEA LIFE Sea Savers
Humans produce around 300 million tonnes of plastic waste each year putting our oceans and sea creatures at risk. Through the activities in this session, pupils will be able to recognise the effect of plastic pollution on sea life, understand some of the causes of plastic pollution in the ocean, and identify what they can do to help prevent it.
Key Learning Outcomes
- List key facts about the issue of plastic pollution in the ocean
- Discuss how plastic pollution has occurred, and what effect this might have on sea life
- Suggest positive actions to help prevent plastic pollution now and in the future
The Learning Hub
Subscribe to our new Learning Hub! It supports teaching with exclusive video content and activities that will:
- Cover topics across a variety of curriculum subjects
- Use 'real life' subjects, objects, scenarios, and experiences
- Provide engaging building blocks for continued learning in the classroom
- Recap classroom learning and quiz student knowledge
- Enable students to exclusively meet our experts and inspire careers
Basic subscription is 'free'! Premium is £14.99 per year (£1.25 per month!)