New for 2012!
Interactive Native and Tropical Rockpools
This is where you get (a little) wet! If you’ve ever wondered what lives in the rockpools around our coast, this is the place to find out. Get really close to the wonderful creatures that live on our shores. From starfish to shore crabs, and even anemones.
Brand new for 2012 is our tropical rockpool, in here you can experience tropical species of starfish, get up close and personal with our friendly cleaner shrimp who'll even give your hand a manicure!!
Everything in our Touch Pool is safe to handle... and our rockpool experts are on hand to will show you how!
Things to Do
- Open all day
- Hold a crab – without getting nipped
- Touch a live starfish
- Find out what a sea squirt is and how it squirts
- Spot the shelled creatures
- Learn all about limpets (and everything else) from our learned team
- Get a manicure from our cleaner shrimp
- Interact with all the creatures using our underwater camera, you can even have a go!