The National SEA LIFE Centre Bray is excited to announce that we are once again running the Explorers Education Program™ for 2016/2017 school year.
The programme consists of the following:
- An aquarium in the classroom for 4 weeks which the children will look after
- The learnings from the programme are based around Ocean Literacy and the Marine Environment and can be linked to Science, English, Geography and History.
- The programme is aimed at 5th/6th class, but is not restricted to this age group only
- This is an interactive programme which evokes students’ knowledge of the marine world around us
- Teacher will be given guidance in the form of a workshop and a manual to guide them through the process
- SEA LIFE staff will install the tanks and carry out two visits to the class during the program
- Teacher guidelines and lesson plans are available and the students and school will receive a certificate of participation at the end
- A visit to SEA LIFE Bray with a private tour and question and answer session along with tank set-up demonstration
The cost to your school will be €5.00 per student for the entire programme
We are running the first session starting the 14th November 2016, if you would like to get involved please contact the centre as soon as possible.