Breed, Rescue, Protect
Conservation at our core
We are committed to protecting Australia's unique aquatic animals and their habitats.
We established our ethos BREED, RESCUE, PROTECT we have established breeding programs to better understand species, from Undulate Rays to Coral Propagation.
We aim to inspire our visitors to care as much as we do and help raise awareness of the critical importance of our oceans.
After all, we only get one planet!
Read below some of our initiatives and current projects.
- Establishing breeding programs to help endangered or threatened species
- Learning from the species in our care to gain a better understanding of their relatives in the wild.
White's Seahorse Breeding Program
In 2019 we established the first White's Seahorse breeding program. Find out more about the progress of the breeding program here
- Nurse sick and injured sea creatures in our animal rescue centre
- Rehabilitate and release creatures back into the wild
- Help relocate sea animals stuck or stranded in unsafe conditionS
In 2018 our team helped rescue, rehabilitate and release Matilda the Green Sea Turtle after she was found washed up on a beach in Sydney in a critical condition. In 2021 the team continue to rescue and rehabilitate turtles found stranded or injured in the wild.
- Campaign to protect environments and animals
- Take direct action to preserve key habitats
Installed a sea bin
In 2019 we installed our first Sea Bin into Darling Harbour, to collect and remove waste from our waters. More sea bins are planned to be installed in the coming months.
Donate to support our work
Your help is critical to the SEA LIFE Trust work.
The SEA LIFE Trust would not be able to fund research and conservation initiatives without the help of generous visitors and passionate members of the community.