Covid19-rules at SEA LIFE Munich
Checklist for your visit
✓ You are free from cold or flu-like symptoms?
✓ You have a medical or FFP2 mask with you?
✓ You have booked your ticket online or reserved a timeslot online?
✓ You are on time for your booked timeslot?
✓ You can pay cashless?
✓ You have your negative Corona test with you?
Fantastic! We are looking forward to your visit.
Important update 14.10.2021: We also demand a negative test from foreign students. For more information please read below.
The well-being and health of our visitors are our highest priorities. Therefore, we ask you to follow the following guidelines to help contain the virus and to secure everyone's health.
Please inform yourself before your visit about the current local regulations that apply to you and your place of residence.
- If you have any symptoms that may be part of an infection with the virus COVID-19 or if you have been in contact with a person who got diagnosed positive for the virus, we kindly ask you to postpone your visit at one of our aquariums. (If you have already purchased tickets, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the protection of our guests and staff entry is only permitted with medical or FFP2 mask (from the age of 6). We cannot make any exceptions - if you are unable to wear a mouth and nose protector for health reasons, please postpone your visit to us!
- Keep your distance: Please keep a distance of at least 1.5 m from people who do not live in your house.
- Admission only with negative covid19-test (max. 24h old). Only professionally performed and certified tests (Antigen or PCR) will be accepted. A quick test / self-test without an officially issued result is NOT permitted. Please show your test certificate and photo ID or a comparable document for identification / comparison upon entry without being asked.
- The following do not require a test:
- Children before school entry.
- Fully vaccinated (14 days after administration of all necessary COVID-19 vaccine doses, proof must be presented)
- Recovered - proof must be presented: This can be done by a PCR result from a laboratory or a doctor (min. 28 days / max. 6 months old).
- Students are exempt from Antigen or PCR test certificates. Students from 15 years need to show a school identity card or an official school cerfiticate, confirming they get tested regularly at school.
- IMPORTANT: Students from foreign schools and German students during holidays have to bring a negative PCR-/Antigentest certificate as well.
- To help contain the coronavirus, we have introduced strict capacity limits. We can only accept the visit for dated online tickets or reservation tickets for e.g. Annual ticket holders. Without this, there may be a longer waiting time on site and we cannot guarantee the visit.
- If you have already booked tickets for the closed period, you can now change the date of your visit in our booking portal. This service is free of charge. You can amend your booking up to 5 times.
- At site:
- Intensified cough and sneeze hygiene: If you have to sneeze or cough, please do this in a paper tissue, which you throw away afterwards, and turn away from other people. Please wash your hands afterwards. Alternatively, sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm.
- When you visit, please wash your hands regularly or disinfect them. You will of course find the corresponding options with us.
- Cashless payments: In order to trace infection chains, we are obliged to trace the contact details of our visitors. We guarantee this through the sale of time-based online tickets. So please buy your tickets online. In this way, we also ensure that we can adhere to the required capacity limits. Please note that we do not accept cash on site.
- When do I have to book an admission ticket?
The admission ticket entitles you to visit the attraction. The price already includes the reservation of a time slot, which must be selected during the booking process.
- When do I have to book a time slot ticket?
For annual ticket holders and for all other types of pre-booked tickets & discount vouchers or free tickets, we can only guarantee entry if a corresponding time slot has been reserved. This is done with the reservation ticket. This is the only way we can really guarantee entry on site.
To do this, the respective type must be selected and on site, e.g. to present the annual pass or free pass.
- I have a discount voucher - how can I book an online ticket (not the time slot reservation with payment on site)?
There is also the option of redeeming the coupon for the admission ticket. To do this, please enter the number or the corresponding name under "Promotion Code" during the booking process.
- Why are certain days not selectable?
Days on which the center is closed or already fully booked are grayed out in the booking process and cannot be selected. In this case, please book tickets for another day.
- I have already booked a ticket – can I change my visit date?
Yes, from now on it is possible to amend your visit date up to 5 times via our booking portal. To register, you need the confirmation number of your booking and the e-mail address you used for the booking.
For your questions regarding the SEA LIFE annual pass, please note the following FAQ:
I have bought a SEA LIFE annual pass online, but have not yet redeemed the online ticket at the attraction and activated the annual pass. What can I do?
All SEA LIFE annual passes sold to date remain valid. The period of validity of the SEA LIFE annual pass begins on the day the online ticket is redeemed on site at the respective attraction.
After our attractions reopen, you have another 6 weeks to redeem your online ticket on site.
My SEA LIFE annual pass expires during the closing time and I have already bought an extension online. What can I do?
The new SEA LIFE annual pass can be picked up within one month of the reopening of the attraction. A new pass will be issued upon renewal. The new expiry date of the pass depends on the day on which the pass is collected.
Please note that the SEA LIFE annual pass can only be picked up at the attraction through which the extension was carried out online.
ays on which the center is closed or already fully booked are grayed out in the booking process and cannot be selected. In this case, please book tickets for another da
The SEA LIFE Munich is barrier-free and has an elevator that makes all levels accessible. Of course, there are also corresponding toilets that can be used with wheelchairs.
All visitors with a "B" in their handicap ID can bring an accompanying person free of charge. A ticket is required for yourself. You can of course buy this with our online discount in the online shop. Special conditions apply to children under the age of 18, find out more about the applicable conditions here.
Please Note: Dogs and other pets are not allowed in the SEA LIFE Munich, but official guide dogs may be taken into the aquarium.
Since our aquarium is housed exclusively in the building, your visit is independent of the weather and is great fun at any time of the year - protected from rain and snow and sheltered from the sun on hot days!
Dogs are not allowed in all the attractions, this might scare some of our residents. However, we make an exception for guide dogs. Please bring an official document to confirm the need of a guide dog. Thank you.
The SEA LIFE Munich is barrier-free and child-friendly. Admission for infants under three years of age is free.
For which age group is the SEA LIFE Munich suitable?
Visiting children between the ages of 4-11 is the most fun, but of course it also depends on their interests and can still be very exciting for some older children.
Did you know: Many of our tanks and aquariums are floor-level, so the little ones have a clear view of our residents.
Toilets and baby changing facilities
At SEA LIFE Munich there are visitor toilets in the foyer that are also equipped with changing facilities.
There are a few spaces for strollers in the foyer. Please note that this service can only be offered based on availability. It can of course happen that all parking spaces are occupied. You park the stroller at your own risk; no liability can be accepted.
Since our SEA LIFE Munich Aquarium is barrier-free, you can of course take the stroller with you into the aquarium. Please show consideration for other guests and make sure that they too have a clear view of our pool.
Important note for a visit with a stroller
We enjoy large numbers of visitors, especially on weekends, public holidays and during the holidays. However, as space in the exhibition is limited and we sometimes have winding and narrow paths, we recommend that you do not take your stroller or buggy with you into the exhibition, but rather leave it in our foyer at the parking lot provided for it. Our experience shows that the stroller hampers rather than facilitates the stay on full days.
Our trolleys are available for transporting jackets or bags.
Please note that children under 15 are only allowed in when accompanied by an adult.
TIP: Celebrate the next children's birthday at SEA LIFE Munich. Whether with a birthday tour, a treasure hunt, great birthday packages or an exclusive feeding - a successful party in any case. Find all information about children's birthday parties at SEA LIFE Munich here.
As part of your trip to the magical underwater world, take the opportunity to take a thrilling photo next to some of the most exciting underwater animals. Capture the memories of meeting dangerous sharks and other surprises from the oceans. You can't hide this photo from your friends later and show them what an exciting day you had among some of the most notorious creatures of the seas.
Please make sure to turn off the flash, as it might frighten our residents.
You can turn your visit into a day trip on our sun terrace or in our picnic area, right in the middle of the Olympic Park. Between the feedings, enjoy the snack you brought with you, a small snack from our shop or a delicious latte macchiato in the bistro right next to the Olympic tower. With the SEA LIFE day ticket you can enter the SEA LIFE Aquarium several times on the same day.
In the aquarium itself, however, there is a ban on the consumption of food and drink you have brought yourself for reasons of hygiene. Baby food is of course excluded from this.
TIP: In our shop we offer the perfect selection of souvenirs from the underwater world on 100 m². Here you will find nice souvenirs and toys as well as stuffed animals.