Covid19-rules at SEA LIFE Munich
- From 3 April 2022, the corona-related access regulations for visiting SEA LIFE Munich will no longer apply.
- Nevertheless, please book an online ticket or reserve a time slot for your visit to SEA LIFE Munich in advance.
- We still recommend wearing a mouth/nose protection and washing/disinfecting hands regularly.
Tickets can be purchased online in advance or paid by card on site if a time slot is reserved. Payment by card can also be made in the gift store.
Please only join us if you feel healthy, have no symptoms typically associated with contracting Covid-19, and have not had contact with a person who has been found to have Covid-19.
Already booked a ticket? Good to know: Your ticket can be re-scheduled! Requirements for re-scheduling:
- Rescheduling must be done before the booked date. After the visit date has passed, no adjustment is possible.
- You can amend your booking for free up to 5 times.
- Tickets cannot be canceled, except for our GOLD ticket.
- For rescheduling, you need your booking confirmation number and the email address with which the booking was made. Click here to enter the booking portal to amend your booking.
Login to Booking Portal
Subject to change: Since the requirements of the Bavarian State Ministry for a visit to us can change at any time, please always check our website again at short notice before your visit for the applicable rules.
Do I have to buy an admission ticket online or can I also buy a ticket on site?
We can only currently guarantee admission with dated online tickets or time slot reservations (e.g. for annual pass holders). We therefore recommend that you buy your tickets online in advance.
When do I have to book a time slot reservation?
For annual pass holders as well as for all other types of pre-booked tickets & discount vouchers or free tickets, we can only guarantee admission if a corresponding time slot has been reserved.
I have a discount voucher - how can I book an online ticket?
It is also possible to redeem the coupon/voucher for the admission ticket. To do so, please enter the number or the corresponding name under "Promotional code" in the booking process. Please note that the ticket is only valid with the coupon/voucher and you must hand it in at the ticket office as proof.
Why are certain tickets not bookable on certain days?
Days that are greyed out in the calendar have passed or are already fully booked. Please book your ticket or time slot reservation as soon as possible. For SEA LIFE Basic Annual Pass holders, booking is only possible on weekdays (monday to friday) and outside holidays.
What payment options are available for my online ticket?
Payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard and Visa), PayPal, Google Pay or Klarna Sofortüberweisung.
I haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet. What can I do?
Please check your spam folder and also the email account linked to your PayPal, Google Pay or Klarna account.
How do I redeem my online ticket?
To redeem your online ticket at the box office, you either need your smartphone with the online ticket (barcode) or you print out the ticket with the barcode.
How long is my online ticket valid?
The ticket is a day ticket and therefore valid from the booked entrance time until the attraction closes.
I have already booked a ticket - can I change it?
Online tickets that have already been booked cannot be cancelled, but they can be rebooked free of charge on our website up to 5 times before the day of the visit. All you need is your confirmation number and the e-mail address used to make the booking.
SEA LIFE Munich is barrier-free and has a lift that takes you to all levels. Of course, there are also toilets that are suitable for wheelchairs.
- There is a discount for people with disabilities on presentation of a valid disabled pass.
- If a "B" is noted on the disabled person's pass, an accompanying person will be admitted free of charge.
- IMPORTANT: Please book a free time slot reservation ("Other Tickets") for ALL. Tickets will then be paid for by card payment at the entrance box office.
Please note: Dogs and other pets are not allowed in SEA LIFE Munich, however, companion dogs may be taken into the exhibition.
Since our aquarium is housed exclusively indoors, your visit is weather-independent and fun in any season - protected from the wet and cold when it's raining or snowing and sheltered from the sun on hot days!
Dogs are not allowed in the entire attractions, this might scare some of our residents. However, we do make an exception for assistance dogs. Please bring an official document for your companion dog.
The SEA LIFE Munich is barrier-free and child-friendly. Admission for infants under three years of age is free.
For which age group is the SEA LIFE Munich suitable?
- Visiting children between the ages of 4-11 is the most fun, but of course it also depends on their interests and can still be very exvciting for some older children.
- Please note that children under 15 are only allowed in when accompanied by an adult.
- Did you know: Many of our tanks and aquariums are floor-level, so the little ones have a clear view of our residents.
Toilets and baby changing facilities
- At SEA LIFE Munich there are visitor toilets in the foyer that are also equipped with changing facilities.
- There are a few spaces for strollers in the foyer. Please note that this service can only be offered based on availability. It can of course happen that all parking spaces are occupied. You park the stroller at your own risk; no liability can be accepted.
- Since our SEA LIFE Munich Aquarium is barrier-free, you can of course take the stroller with you into the aquarium. Please show consideration for other guests and make sure that they too have a clear view of our pool.
- We enjoy large numbers of visitors, especially on weekends, public holidays and during the holidays. However, as space in the exhibition is limited and we sometimes have winding and narrow paths, we recommend that you do not take your stroller or buggy with you into the exhibition, but rather leave it in our foyer at the parking lot provided for it. Our experience shows that the stroller hampers rather than facilitates the stay on full days.
- Step stools: To ensure that even the smallest visitors have a clear view of the pools, you will find small step stools in the entrance area after the ticket office, which you can borrow for the duration of your visit. Please return them to the ticket office on your way out.
- Luggage trolleys: We are happy to provide you with trolleys for carrying jackets or bags for the duration of your visit. You will find them in the entrance area after the ticket office. Please leave them next to the step stools on your way out.
Children's birthday parties
- Due to the current Corona regulations, we are unfortunately unable to offer children's birthday parties in our attraction at the moment. As soon as this changes, you will find it on this website.
Photography is explicitly allowed and desired - but please without flash!
Take the opportunity and take an exciting photo when you meet some of the most exciting underwater animals. This way you can capture your trip to the magical underwater world of SEA LIFE Munich for later and share your experiences with your friends.
We ask you to make sure that the flash is switched off beforehand, as this could scare our inhabitants.
Food and drink is not allowed in the entire building. It is possible to picnic on our garden terrace (outside).
A picnic in our foyer is unfortunately not permitted due to Covid-19 regulations. However, you are welcome to bring a small snack for our little visitors who do not yet have to wear masks.
In our shop we offer the perfect selection of souvenirs from the underwater world on 100 m². Here you will find nice souvenirs and toys as well as stuffed animals.