- SEA LIFE Oberhausen, Shipwreck
About the Wolf Eel
- The wolf eel is a species of wolffish.
- It can dive down up to 450 meters and usually lives above sandy or muddy sea bed.
- Its diet contains hard-shelled invertebrates living on the ground, like crabs, mussels and sea-urchins. The wolf eel breaks their housings with its powerful teeth.
- Because of this, the teeth wear off fast and are then replaced during the winter. While the teeth change, the wolf eel eats soft food or starves during this time.