Welcome to Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary
New 2015: Walk with Penguins on Penguin Island!
Please note: Our Ocean Tunnel and Turtle Area is currently inaccessible to the public as undergo exciting renovations to bring you a brand new feature opening in 2016. Don't worry though, there is still plenty to do and see for the whole family.
Located on the North Bay of the main headland, within 3 iconic triangular buildings, SEA LIFE Scarborough offers a unique mix of indoor and outdoor exhibits and over 50 displays of marine life including seals, otters and penguins. Enjoy SEA LIFE Europe's only penguin walkthrough feature, our hands-on rockpool experience and learn some amazing facts about the underwater world we love so much.
Buy Tickets Now & Save | Ticket Buying Guide | Join our eNewsletter List
SEA LIFE Scarborough is one of the best things to do in Scarborough and one of the best family attractions in North Yorkshire with plenty of children's activities.
Things to do...
- Waddle side by side with our colony of Humboldt penguins in their brand new walkthrough home - Penguin Island!
- Visit Yorkshires only Seal Hospital
- More than 50 displays of marine life
- Visit our hands-on rockpool - dare you hold a crab?
- Test your knowledge with our NEW Dive Adventure quiz trail
- Go along to regular talks and feeding demonstrations and find out more about our resident animals
- Help feed our native sharks and rays
- Add a game of Pirate Adventure Mini Golf (separate charge applies)
- Like us on Facebook and keep up to date with all our activities and creature going-ons
- Are you a teacher or do you have children at a school age? Fancy winning a free school trip to Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary? Take part in The Big Draw and unleash your class's creativity!