Plan your Visit
Now that you're thinking of a trip to Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary, click on the icons below to find out useful information to help plan your day!
What things can we see and do there?
- Opening Feb 12th 2016 - Shark Encounter! Come face-to-face with an awesome array of sharks as the circle above their new shark shipwreck. Can you spot our new creatures, Bonnethead Sharks hiding in the shadows?
- Waddle alongside our colony of Humboldt Penguins at Penguin Island
- Interactive Rockpool - hold a crab & touch a starfish
- 150 different species of fish
- Over 350 seal pups rescued & released from Yorkshire's only Seal Hospital
- Meet our resident Otters, Seals and Penguins
- Feeding demonstrations throughout the day
- Take home a souvenir photo
Is there a cafe/restaurant in the attraction?
If you are after a freshly ground coffee, or hungry for a hearty meal the all-new Adventurer's Grill has something for you. Our brand new restaurant has a wide range of hot and cold foods including our tasty Piri Piri Chicken burger, BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich or if you fancy something health why not try our wide selection of salads and lighter bites. We also have a wide range of vegetarian options for big and small adventurers, and we have a selection of gluten free options as well. We also have an assortment of cakes and muffins, for adventurers who have earned a treat! For the mini adventurers, we have kids meals such as Chicken Breast Salad, Burger and Penne Napoli Pasta to keep them fuelled throughout their dive adventure!
Our restaurant has been awarded a 5 star EHO rating.
Is there parking nearby?
FREE PARKING is available directly outside the centre. Coaches can also park here. Please note as of March 2016 the car park will begin operating as Pay and Display again.
Are there other things to see nearby?
Yes. Not only is there Pirate Advenutre Mini Golf right next door to SEA LIFE but the beach is a mere minute walk away from the centre. There is also a Miniature Railway situated directly behind Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary that you can hop on for a short ride to Peasholm Park.
Do you have disabled facilities?
The centre is fully accessible for disabled guests however an alternative route will be needed to avoid stairs.
Disabled guests will be issued with an map detailing the easiest route on entrance - if you need any help, please ask a member of the team who will be happy to assist you.
We also have a disabled toilet and a stair lift to accommodate wheelchair users up to the café.