Plan your Visit
Now that you're thinking of a trip to Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary, click on the icons below to find out useful information to help plan your day!
What things can we see and do there?
- Waddle alongside our colony of Humboldt Penguins at Penguin Island - New 2015!
- Interactive Rockpool - hold a crab & touch a starfish
- 150 different species of fish
- Over 350 seal pups rescued & released from Yorkshire's only Seal Hospital
- Journey through our underwater tunnel
- Meet our resident Otters, Seals and Penguins
- Feeding demonstrations throughout the day
- Take home a souvenir photo
Is there a cafe/restaurant in the attraction?
Yes. We have a restaurant indoors and a refreshment kiosk outside.
The refreshment kiosk is not open during winter months and the café shuts at 3.30pm.
You can buy light snacks or main meals for adults and children as well as choose from a wide selection of hot and cold drinks.
Our restaurant has been awarded a 5 star EHO rating.
Is there parking nearby?
Yes. There is a council operated Pay and Display car park situated directly outside the centre. Coaches can also park here.
If you don't mind a short walk, there is free parking available on the approcah road to the centre.
Are there other things to see nearby?
Yes. Not only is there Pirate Advenutre Mini Golf right next door to SEA LIFE but the beach is a mere minute walk away from the centre. There is also a Miniature Railway situated directly behind Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary that you can hop on for a short ride to Peasholm Park.
Do you have disabled facilities?
Yes. We have disabled toilets and an access lift upstairs to the Turtle Sanctuary and restaurant.