Meet Starburst, Web, Smartie, Luna and Sija, our resident Common Seals Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park. They are fun and friendly creatures and love to target feed with their keeper. They especially enjoy jumping onto the rocks from the water!
- Watch Starburst guzzle her favourite food: Herring
- See who returns the life ring if you throw it
- watch Web swim upside down
- Find out why Smartie loves to target feed
Did you know?
- Seals can hold their breath for up to 30 minutes and dive to depths of over 70 metres!
- Oil from seal blubber was once used for making soap and paint.
- There are 35 different seal species worldwide. The rarest is the Mediterranean Monk Seal with fewer than 500 individuals remaining.