Why a visit to SEA LIFE is important
The problems facing our ocean today aren’t going to be solved in one generation. This means to make real progress, we need to instill environmental stewardship of our ocean in our children.
- Give children a connection with the ocean – some children may never have seen one
- Bring the ocean to life and make it relatable – the creatures are real
- Concrete ways that children can make a difference, to protect the oceans for generations to come
- The underwater world of the ocean is an amazing and inspiring one, where incredible sea creatures and colorful habitats abound. SEA LIFE is where this world can come alive for children, as they dive into a world of amazing discovery.
Admission & Booking
- Discounted rates are available for organized, local school groups serving children K-12 grade and must submit tax exempt form with booking or show proof of school ID at check in
- Advance online reservations are required 14 days before your visit
- Payment is taken at time of reservation with credit card
- Must have a minimum of 10 people to qualify for group rates
- Reservations available Monday - Friday
- Tickets from $10 per Child, $15.99 Teachers/Adults
- One adult chaperone must accompany every 10 children. (grades K-12)
- For every 5 child tickets purchased, receive 1 free adult chaperone ticket
- Download the Group Preparation Guide for more details
Tax Exempt Schools:
Tax exempt groups must submit proper documentation prior to booking. Please email SLCHAGuest.Relations@sealifeus.com your tax exempt form and our team will get back to you with booking instructions.
Submit Booking Request
Our school programs explore animal behavior, habitats, adaptations, ecosystems, anatomy and water chemistry and are designed to meet NGSS Standards. Workshops are available for students are all ages, Preschool through High School.
- Additional $5 per student
- Curriculum linked activities
- Programs meet NGSS Standards
- 20 person minimum to book workshops
- 45 minute workshop programs
- Pre and post visit in-classroom activities
We provide free pre-visit and post-visit activities tailored around each of our Education Workshops for teachers to use in the classroom and free self-guided tour packets that include great educational activities to supplement your visit to SEA LIFE Charlotte. Print one for each of your students to complete as they walk through the aquarium!
- Pre-visit Lesson Plans
- Post-visit Lesson Plans
- Education Workshop Presentation
- Free self-guided tour packet
- We are excited to bring to you a brand new mini classroom teaching unit that introduces elementary school students to focus on what is "Beneath the Tide" and allows students to explore coastal habitats from your own classroom!
Pre and Post-Visit Lesson Plans
Know Before You Book:
- Schools must show proof of organization affiliation at checkin to confirm eligibility for discounted rates
- Minimum number of people required to receive group pricing is 10.
- Reservations are required 14 days in advance
- All reservations must be made online through the secure Online Booking Portal.
- Group tickets are timed & dated.
- Payments must be made with a credit card at time of booking.
- Payment types accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- If additional tickets are required upon arrival, the higher walk-up group rate may apply.
- Tickets expire on the date and time they are purchased for.
- Groups that arrive without a reservation are not guaranteed entry and will be charged the walk-up admission rate.
- Paid reservation may be canceled or rescheduled any time prior to 48 hours of your original visit date.
Download the Group Preparation Guide for more details.
Receive classroom content & latest news!
Subscribe to our Educator Newsletter and stay connected. We'll deliver our newest teacher resources, keep you in the know of any special offers, educator event invites, friends and family discounts, giveaways and more!