Bring Your Stars to Meet Ours!
SEA LIFE Aquarium offers students the opportunity to explore the creatures that live in our lakes, rivers and oceans through interactive, hands-on experiences. From feeling the spiny skin of a Sea Star to gazing at sharks swimming overhead, spend the day exploring over 20 marine exhibits, 3,000 sea creatures and 150 species in an immersive setting.
If you submit a request form, we'll get back to you with more information!
School Field Trips
Ignite imagination and wonder in your class as students come face-to-fin with over 2,000 creatures and get closer than ever before!
- Reduced admission rates
- Free chaperones (1:5 ratio)
- Educational Programs
- Self-guided learning resources
- Before and after visit activities
- Flexible payment options
- Online booking form
- Field trip planning guide
Our school programs explore animal behavior, habitats, adaptations, ecosystems, anatomy and water chemistry and are designed to meet Next Generation Science Standards. Workshops are available for students are all ages, Preschool through High School. We will offer educational workshops beginning this fall!
- Curriculum linked activities
- Programs meet Next Generation Science Standards
- 30 minute programs for PreK - 5th Grade
- 45-60 minute programs for 6th - 12th Grade
- Before and after visit resources
We offer FREE Teacher Notes and Student Exploration Sheets that include great educational activities to supplement your visit to New Jersey SEA LIFE Aquarium. Print one for each of your students to complete as they walk through the aquarium!
- Amazing Oceans: Preschool & Kindergarten
- Behavior: 1st - 5th Grades
- Conservation: 1st - 5th Grades
- Food Chains & Ecosystems: 1st - 5th Grades
New Jersey SEA LIFE Aquarium will offer virtual workshops in the near future! Click below to sign up for more information.Sign Up
PLAN YOUR VISIT
UPGRADE YOUR TRIP WITH AN EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP DESIGNED TO MEET NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS
In addition to our amazing aquarium experience, we work closely with teachers to develop educational programs to enhance your students' visit. For self-guided field trips (admission only), we provide FREE downloadable materials that can be used before, during or after your trip.
- Receive pre and post visit lesson plans and activities
- Add a workshop for as low as $3 more per student
- 15 minimum students required to book
- Workshops are not available on weekends, holidays or school breaks
BOOK A SCHOOL GROUP OF 10+ STUDENTS TODAY AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON TICKETS!
- For every 5 paying students, 1 adult receives free admission
- Minimum number of students required to receive school pricing is 10
- Minimum number of students required to schedule a workshop is 10
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR TRIP:
- Reservations are required a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Submit our online booking request and a booking coordinator will get back to you within 72 hours.
- All prices are subject to tax. Tax exempt forms must be submitted before payment.
- Payment is due 2 weeks prior to your visit date by school check or Visa/MasterCard
- Changes and cancellation can be made up until point of payment.
- Payment must be made 10 working days in advance of your visit date. Once paid, bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Education Workshops are not offered during school breaks including spring break, summer or holidays
IMPORTANT VISIT INFORMATION:
- Consistent with updated guidance from the state of New Jersey and the CDC, face coverings for guests who are fully vaccinated will no longer be required as of May 28. We still strongly recommend that all guests (ages 2+) wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- Schools should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This will allow time for the group leader to check in and SEA LIFE Aquarium staff to organize the group and go over any necessary rules for the day!
- Larger schools and groups are divided into smaller group segments and entry is staggered to avoid congestion in the Exhibit Area and satisfy capacity regulations.
- Buses may drop and collect students at Parking Lot C
- Groups exit the Aquarium and assemble outside. In the interest of public safety, groups are not permitted to gather in the admissions or retail areas.
- Please note: for schools/groups bringing sacked lunches to enjoy in the food court following your visit; SEA LIFE cannot store lunches on-site. We ask that you keep them stored in your school bus/vehicle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Admire over 20 exhibits, 3,000 sea creatures and 150 species in an immersive setting
- Encounter a vast array of creatures including sharks, rays, green sea turtles and more
- Learn how you can make the oceans a better place through our conservation program
- Gaze at creatures swimming overhead in our 180-degree ocean tunnel
- Touch a crab, urchin, sea star & other rockpool creatures in the Interactive Touchpool
- Daily educational talks & feeding demonstrations that your class can attend
- FREE downloadable materials that can be used before, during or after your trip.
Valid for organized groups, for children under the age of 5, during the months of August, September, and January. Must mention offer when booking. Minimum of 20 people required for booking.
- $8.00 Per Person: Includes admission, education workshop, and coloring book
- 1 free adult chaperone for every 5 paying children
Receive classroom content & latest news!
Subscribe to our Educator Newsletter and stay connected. We'll deliver our newest teacher resources, keep you in the know of any special offers, educator event invites, friends and family discounts, giveaways and more!
Please note the newsletter signup below is for general consumers, our Education Newsletter is tailored to meet your teaching needs! Please subscribe with the link above.