Explore our outdoor sensory garden
Awaken your senses and soothe your mind. A sensory garden is all about stimulating and engaging the basic senses of sight, smell, sound and touch.
Can you describe the different textures?
- Run your fingers through the grassy plants and stroke the silky lamb’s ear plant
- Softly feel the different plants in this sensory zone
Can you identify the different herbs by smell?
- Ginger Rosemary, thyme and mint are divine
- Rub your fingers gently on these herbs to release the scent
Can you name the different colours of the plants?
- These plants change colour throughout different seasons
- Watch these plants from where you are standing
- Then head over to the Turtle Sanctuary to touch our different creature sensory boards.