Ready to become a Young Environmentalist?
Each year, SEA LIFE Kansas City selects a group of Young Environmentalists that share our passion for conservation, the environment and the creatures that call our oceans home. The Young Environmentalists are a group of 10 kids, ages 6-10 years old. Through a number of FUN activities both at the aquarium and around the area, the Young Environmentalists help spread conservation messages to the world!
From lake clean-ups to spreading the word about World Oceans Day, the Young Environmentalists are not only passionate about sea creatures, but they believe they can make a positive impact on our environment - right here in Kansas City!
What does it mean to be a Young Environmentalist?
- Visit SEA LIFE throughout the year (usually on the weekend) and participate in exclusive activities & behind-the-scenes events for the Young Environmentalists.
- Participate in off-site events, like river/stream clean-ups & visits to area conservation centers.
- Learn about important conservation topics and help brainstorm ways to spread the message to friends and families.
- The Young Environmentalist will receive:
- Free SEA LIFE Annual Pass
- Young Environmentalist shirt to wear to activities and events
- SEA LIFE name badge and goody bag
- Most importantly, the Young Environmentalist program is FUN! They will explore the aquarium and its creatures in a whole new way with the guidance from a SEA LIFE Expert.
Young Environmentalist events include:
- River & park clean-ups at local conservation areas!
- Behind-the-scenes education and fun activities at SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Off-site education that focuses on local conservation. Learning locally to impact globally!
- Live sea creature feedings of rays, sharks & even our sea turtle, Gertrude!
- VIP invites to the latest events and sneak-peeks at SEA LIFE Aquarium
Stay tuned for opportunities to join in 2019!