At SEA LIFE Blankenberge, it is our mission to create unforgettable experiences and we attach the utmost importance to the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19, in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures below may be apparent to you from the moment you arrive at our park and others require guest attention to ensure everyone has a magical visit.
- All tickets must be purchased online. If you already have a ticket, reserve your time slot via this module.
- Virtual aquarium: download your favorite animals here, color them and bring them with you during your visit.
- Unfortunately, our climbing adventure is limited open, the playground is always open.
- Only chocolate bars, chips and drinks are available to eat.
- We have a schedule of feeding times, but no presentations are provided to avoid group formation.
- We only accept electronic (card/contactless) payments.
- Do not visit us if you start to show symptoms of COVID-19. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to change your booked time slot.
- Respect social distancing and keep 1,5 meters away from other visitors and our employees.
- Please be on time. We have significantly reduced the daily capacity of our attractions to achieve social distancing and the safest and best experience possible for you as a guest.
- Read our new information boards at the entrance of our park and follow the instructions correctly
- stay in designated areas,
- follow the new one-way route,
- use hand gel,
- please don't touch items in the souvenir shop unless you want to buy them,
- use the paper in our dispensers and throw it in the trash after use.
What we have done:
Social distancing measures within our attraction:
We have introduced new rules for the application of “social distancing” in queues. The time slots are organized in such a way that no queues may arise. If you have to wait your turn, please follow the markings in the park. Clear markings or signage have been installed in our attraction's queues, restroom and souvenir shop to help guests keep a safe distance from each other. Our staff will monitor the queues to ensure proper social distancing is maintained.
Our dining room/bakery is closed for security reasons. You can buy a drink or snack in the shop. There is no seating provided here.
We have developed a one-way route to accommodate, to avoid contact between different groups of people.
We have introduced new capacity limits for our indoor section. These restrictions ensure that there is sufficient space for social distancing.
We have adjusted or suspended some experiences and facilities to ensure social distancing is appropriately maintained. For example, the provision of costume characters "meet and greet" our mascot Sharky, some games, interactive or play areas, or touch basins and props have been changed or suspended.
We have installed new hygiene screens at all service counters to physically separate guests from employees.
We've revised some of our standard operating protocols to reduce our employees' proximity to guests.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
We've introduced enhanced all-day cleaning measures aimed at disinfecting high-frequency touch points such as benches, service counters, flush handles, faucets, door handles and knobs.
We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
We have installed a large number of hygiene stations / hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the attraction for guests to use.
We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitizer. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is to protect them as well as our guests.
Self-service candy bars and self-service slush stations have also been reconfigured or closed to reduce the number of high-frequency touch points.
As with our staff, we politely ask that all our guests respect the highest possible hygiene standards - whether through sneezing or coughing, regular hand washing or frequent application of hand sanitizer.
Our employees now participate in COVID-19-specific training programs that teach them how to stay safe and protect our guests.
We hope these new health and safety measures will give our guests confidence and enthusiasm to visit our park and our animals. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and while every effort is made to protect the safety and well-being of our guests, everyone should inform themselves about the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before visiting.
We thank you for your and understanding. Now let's create new magical memories together!