Homeschool Pricing & Packages are Temporarily Unavailable
Due to health & safety measures, homeschool pricing & packages are temporarily unavailable. If you are looking to plan a visit and have a group of 15+ or more you can take advantage of our special online group rate. Workshops are not included.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Discounted rate for groups of 10+
- Pre-book & save
- Free chaperones (1:5 ratio)
- Additional Adults/Chaperones $10
- Discounted rate for groups of 15+
- Pre-book & save
- Free Chaperones (1:5 ratio)
- Additional Adults/Chaperones $10
- 30-60 minute education workshop
Students will learn about creatures that live in our ocean and here at SEA LIFE through story time, song and dance. This workshop also contains free play stations including shapes, letters and sensory activities. Suitable for Preschool. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student.
Students will learn all about hermit crabs and how they have to find a shell to survive. This workshop includes a story, group activity, craft and learning stations to practice fine motor skills. Suitable for Preschool. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student
K-5th Grade Workshops
Meet the Creatures BINGO
Students will learn about habitats, animal movements and the clever adaptations of creatures found at SEA LIFE. This workshop also covers ocean conservation and how students can make a difference here in Michigan. Suitable for K-2nd grade. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student
Little Lake Sturgeon
Students will learn about Michigan's own lake sturgeon, their life cycle, anatomy and what they can do to help protect these creatures. This workshop includes an interactive game and song to engage students in the world of the critically endangered lake sturgeon. Suitable for K-2nd grade. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student
Whether it’s an octopus headed to the moon or a giant eel exploring a new world, let the ocean and its amazing creatures inspire your own fishy tales. Suitable for K-5th grade. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student
Students will examine the unique characteristics of sharks including their diet, jaw structure and how they process information. This workshop also covers the important part sharks play in our ecosystem and why we need to protect them. Suitable for 3rd-5th grade. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student
Students will dive deeper into the Michigan lake sturgeon's lifecycle, anatomy and how to protect these amazing creatures. This workshop includes hands-on games to engage students in the life of a sturgeon, their special adaptations and the challenges they face regarding climate change & habitat destruction. Suitable for 3rd-5th grade. Approximately 30 minutes. $2 per student
6th-12th Grade Workshops
Water Resources & Biodiversity
Students will examine all the ways water is used and the unique survival skills of animals dealing with limited resources. This workshop will also focus on water conservation, biodiversity and how we can help. Suitable for 6-8th grade. 45-60 minutes. $2 per student
Students will learn about bathymetry through a presentation. Afterwards, students will conduct a hands-on experiment to graph a 2D model of a simulated ocean floor. Suitable for 6-12th grade. Approximately 45 minutes. $2 per student
BOOK A HOMESCHOOL GROUP OF 10+ STUDENTS TODAY AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON TICKETS
- For every 5 paying students, 1 adult chaperone receives free admission
- Minimum number of students required to receive homeschool group pricing is 10
- Minimum number of students required to schedule a workshop is 15
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR TRIP:
- Reservations are required a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Submit our online booking request and a booking coordinator will get back to you within 72 hours.
- Payment is due 2 weeks prior to your visit date by school check or Visa/MasterCard
- Changes and cancellation can be made up until point of payment.
- Payment must be made 10 working days in advance of your visit date. Once paid, bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Education Workshops are not offered during school breaks including spring break, summer or holidays
IMPORTANT VISIT INFORMATION:
- Groups should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This will allow time for the group leader to check in and SEA LIFE Aquarium staff to organize the group and go over any necessary rules for the day!
- Larger groups are divided into smaller group segments and entry is staggered to avoid congestion and satisfy capacity regulations.
- Buses may drop and collect students at the District 7 entrance; buses must park only in the designated bus parking area located in the outer perimeter of the parking lot near AMC Theaters.
- Groups exit the Aquarium and assemble outside. In the interest of public safety, groups are not permitted to gather in the admissions or retail areas.
- Please note: for schools/groups bringing sacked lunches to enjoy in the food court following your visit; SEA LIFE cannot store lunches on-site. We ask that you keep them stored in your school bus/vehicle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Admire over 10 exhibits, 2,000 sea creatures and 250 species in an immersive setting
- Encounter a vast array of creatures including sharks, rays, green sea turtles and more
- Learn how you can make the oceans a better place through our conservation program
- Gaze at creatures swimming overhead in our 180-degree ocean tunnel
- Touch an anemone, urchin, sea star & other rockpool creatures in the Interactive Touchpool
- Daily educational talks & feeding demonstrations that your group can attend
- FREE downloadable materials that can be used before, during or after your trip.
Ignite your students' imagination and wonder into the natural world as they come face-to-fin with over 2,000 creatures and get closer than ever before!
- 180 Degree Ocean Tunnel experience
- Interactive Touchpool Experience: only the bravest can touch our creepy crabs and chocolate chip sea stars
- Thousands of different sea creatures including sharks, stingrays, and our rescued sea turtles, Benson & Carr
We offer FREE Teacher Notes and Student Exploration Sheets that include great educational activities to supplement your visit to SEA LIFE Michigan. Print one for each of your students to complete as they walk through the aquarium!
- Amazing Oceans: Preschool & Kindergarten
- Behavior: 1st - 5th Grades
- Conservation: 1st - 5th Grades
- Food Chains & Ecosystems: 1st - 5th Grades
Receive classroom content & latest news!
Subscribe to our Educator Newsletter and stay connected. We'll deliver our newest teacher resources, keep you in the know of any special offers, educator event invites, friends and family discounts, giveaways and more!
Please note the newsletter signup below is for general consumers, our Education Newsletter is tailored to meet your teaching needs! Please subscribe with the link above.