Go back to blog
Tips For Visiting These School Holidays
- Friday 8th January 2016
- Sydney, school holidays
We have read many of the comments over the past couple of weeks related to the number of people visiting SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and particularly the queues to enter the venue. Rest assured these are monitored daily by our management team and we are continually focused on improving your visit from beginning to end. We understand some of the frustrations whilst we manage the number of guests visiting - and at times it's fair to say we don't always get it right.
As a reminder, pre-purchased tickets through any of our ticketing partners must be collected in advance to ensure entry to the aquarium. At our peak periods, this wait time can often be over 30 minutes but we do focus on managing the pre-book lines as quickly as possible. If you are planning to visit SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium over the next few days, these handy hints may be helpful:
1. Plan your pre-book visit to arrive before 11am and after 4pm. This is when we tend to be quieter and allows you quicker access.
2. If you are visiting any of our other attractions such as Madame Tussauds Sydney, Wild Life Sydney Zoo or Sydney Tower Eye, pre-purchase your tickets directly from the respective attraction's website. You will gain entry to that attraction first and ticket collection queues tend to be shorter. You will then have your tickets in hand for quick entry to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and any of our other attractions. Our online 5 attraction combination ticket for just $72 per adult is a great option here and can be used for up to 30 days with one visit per attraction.
3. If you live nearby and are likely to visit any of our attractions over the course of the year, our Merlin Annual Pass is currently on sale at 30% off and is the quickest and most efficient way to gain entry to all our attractions - not to mention great value for money. Annual Passes can be purchased from the Annual Pass Box Office and you can enter any attraction straight away and collect your Merlin Annual Pass on exit.
4. Don't forget to validate your Wilson's parking ticket at admissions to gain a huge discount with our nearby local car park partners. Please check our website for the car parks we are associated with.
5. The Wharf Kitchen and Boardwalk Cafe at the aquarium- offering a range of snack, hot and cold drinks and meal options- can be used prior to access to the attraction itself whilst WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo's new Outback Adventurers Cafe offers the perfect indoor and outdoor location to break up your day and enjoy lunch before visiting the aquarium.
6. Please bring with you a waterproof jacket, umbrella or sun screen for the relevant weather conditions as the majority of our queue lines are outside the building. This has been done to create more internal space for future exhibits as we strive to continually improve the overall experience. Watch this space for exciting news in the coming weeks!
We look forward to welcoming you to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and hope you enjoy your visit. As always, please don't hesitate to private message us for any specific issues and we will always respond directly.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium team