SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is COVID Safe
Our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Wearing Masks Indoors
Following the most recent announcement from the state government surrounding COVID Safety, it is now mandatory to wear a mask whilst indoors. This means you will be required to wear a mask at all times while visiting SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium. Children under 12 are exempt.
A face covering is not required in our indoor attractions under some circumstances including:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years but it is encouraged that children wear a mask where practicable.
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- When consuming food, drink or medication
For latest updates in regards to the guidelines about face coverings please monitor the NSW Department of Health website.
The public health order indicates that you are exempt from wearing a mask if you have a medical excuse. This includes, but not limited to, if you have a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a mask unsuitable (for example, a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism or trauma).
Please let our staff know if you have a medical exemption upon your arrival.
It is recommended by the Chief Health Officer that masks be a "fitted face covering" that fits securely around the face, it must be designed to be worn over the nose and mouth.
Scarfs or bandanas are not recommended and when wearing a single-use mask, please consider the responsible disposal of it by putting it in the rubbish bin after using it once.
All staff will wear a face mask at our attractions in accordance with the State Government guidelines.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members can pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting the aquarium.
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets can pre-book here.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact us via our helpdesk should you need to amend your booking.
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- In line with government requirements we will record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- All guests over 12 years of age are legally required to wear a face mask when visiting our attraction.
Those travelling from the Northern Beaches
In accordance with the latest Government updates, we request that people who have purchased tickets from the below suburbs of the Northern Beaches LGA do not visit under the current Stay-At-Home guidelines. Your ticket will be extended until the end of January and we look forward to welcoming you then.
- Avalon Beach
- Bilgola Beach
- Bilgola Plateau
- Church Point
- Coasters Retreat
- Currawong Beach
- Elanora Heights
- Elvina Bay
- Great Mackerel Beach
- Ku-ring-gai Chase
- Lovett Bay
- McCarrs Creek
- Mona Vale
- Morning Bay
- North Narrabeen
- Palm Beach
- Scotland Island
- Whale Beach
Social Distancing measures within our attraction
We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry, viewing areas, and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
Book Online Now
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass giving you unlimited digital photos – valued at $26!
- Book a date and time to guarantee entry
- Get your ticket on your phone
- Choose from: WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds Sydney or Sydney Tower Eye
- Visit your second attraction within 30 days
- Price includes a Digi Photo pass giving you Unlimited Digital Photos!