We are now open!
In line with government guidance, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium has reopened for guests who are fully vaccinated guests only (note: children under 16 years & guests with medical exemptions will not need to be vaccinated to visit).
We continue to implement a range of health & safety measures that are in line with Government advice, and all of our plans and visitation guidelines are subject to NSW Health Orders at the time of reopening.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate case of purchasing a ticket & needing to postpone your visit due to Covid restrictions, we will honour your tickets for 60 days from the date of our reopening.
Attraction Vaccination Policy
Government guidance stipulates that only fully vaccinated adults may enter indoor entertainment venues whereby our attractions fall under this category. It’s important that we follow these guidelines in order to operate safely, along with a range of other measures we have put in place.
Proof of vaccination will need to be provided alongside a valid photographic ID.
A COVID-19 digital certificate
You can download your COVID-19 digital certificate using:
You can add your COVID-19 digital certificate to your smartphone Apple Wallet or Google Pay. Instructions are available on the Services Australia website.
Immunisation history statement
Your immunisation history statement shows all vaccinations you have had that are recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register. This includes your COVID-19 vaccinations.
You can get a copy of your immunisation history statement on:
Instructions are available on the Services Australia website.
If you can’t get proof of your vaccination online or you don’t have a Medicare card
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 (8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and ask for your immunisation history statement to be posted to you. It can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.
NOTE: The government have announced an upgrade to the Service NSW app from the end of October, which will allow guests to both check-in and show confirmation of being fully vaccinated using the Service NSW app. Our current stipulations are subject to change in line with government advice.
Children aged 16 years and over are required to be double vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption.
All NSW based staff will be required to follow the NSW Government public health orders.
Only fully vaccinated people, children under 16 years & guests with exemptions are permitted to enter our attractions, according to current Government guidance. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions for those who have received one vaccination; however, our bookings team is happy to work with you to rearrange a date for your visit once you have become fully vaccinated.
Face masks are mandatory
In line with the most recent NSW health advice on Covid-19, mask wearing is now mandatory in our attractions. The recommendation applies to all attendees 12 years and over and excludes those with certain health conditions and / or disabilities.
A face covering is not mandatory in our indoor attractions under some circumstances including:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years but it is encouraged that children wear a mask where practicable.
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- When consuming food, drink or medication
For latest updates in regards to the guidelines about face coverings please monitor the NSW Department of Health website.
The public health order indicates that you are exempt from wearing a mask if you have a medical excuse. This includes, but not limited to, if you have a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a mask unsuitable (for example, a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism or trauma).
Please let our staff know if you have a medical exemption upon your arrival.
It is recommended by the Chief Health Officer that masks be a "fitted face covering" that fits securely around the face, it must be designed to be worn over the nose and mouth.
Scarfs or bandanas are not recommended and when wearing a single-use mask, please consider the responsible disposal of it by putting it in the rubbish bin after using it once.
Staff will wear a face mask at our attractions in accordance with the State Government recommendations.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members can pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting the aquarium. Check your new expiry date by viewing your pass here
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets can pre-book here.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card. We do not accept cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact us via our helpdesk should you need to amend your booking.
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- In line with government requirements we will record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- It is now mandatory that all guests over 12 years of age wear a face mask when visiting our attraction.
Postponing your visit
Please note due to the changing Covid situation, we are honouring all ticket sales for a further 60 days from when our attractions re-open.
If you have pre-purchased tickets & need to postpone your visit, simply visit our attractions within 60 days of when our attractions first re-open using your original ticket & make sure to pre-book a timeslot here
If you have any outstanding issues or questions please submit them to our customer care team here: https://bit.ly/anzcustomercare
Social Distancing measures within our attraction
We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry, viewing areas, and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
Book Online Now
- Price includes Digi Photo Pass with 8 digital photos included – valued at $26!
- Get your ticket on your phone
Ticket Type Price on the day/School Holidays/Weekends SAVE 20% - Pre-book online in advance on weekdays Adult $48 $38.40 Child (3-15 yrs) $35 $28.00 Student or Senior* $39 $31.20 Child (0-2 yrs) FREE FREE
*All concession holders must have a valid concession/student/health care card to gain access to the attraction with a Student/Senior ticket.
- Guarantee entry by booking online
- Choose from: WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds Sydney or Sydney Tower Eye
- Visit your second attraction within 30 days
- Price includes Digi Photo Pass with 8 digital photos included
Sign up for updates!
Sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest news and re-opening information. We can't wait to have you back!
Sign up now