Go back to blog
- Friday 18th June 2021
- School Holidays Activities, Shark
Sink your teeth into the world of sharks these school holidays!
It’s time to Discover Sharklife at SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium! During the winter school holidays you will have the opportunity to sink your teeth into the world of these magnificent but often misunderstood sea creatures.
From 10 – 25 July, you can discover all there is to know about sharks through a range of activities focusing on myth-busting, conservation and fun facts!
Kids will receive a Discover Sharklife activity booklet to complete as they venture below the surface to get up close with sand tiger sharks, broadnose sevengill sharks, school sharks and more.
You can meet our resident divers at 1:15pm daily who will chat about all things shark-related at Kelly's Cove near the Shark Tunnel. The experts will be on hand to answer questions, showcase their scuba diving gear and educate people about these incredible sea creatures before they get back to work diving in the displays.
There will also be appearances from the Aquarium’s mascot, Magnus the Shark, and a dedicated station for shark origami making.
You can take your jawsome day out to the next level if you are over 1.3m tall, by venturing into the water for SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s exhilarating Shark Cage Snorkel experience. The underwater adventure is available to people with zero diving experience and guarantees an encounter with sharks! (Note: child 17 years of age and under must be accompanied into the cage by an adult guardian)
Discover Sharklife is a celebration of sharks and the essential role they play in our ecosystem. SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s wants to give people the opportunity to learn more about these marine creatures, which are often misunderstood, and are under threat from overfishing, the demand for shark products and habitat destruction.
Activities at home
Download this shark colouring-in sheet to for some pre/post visit home activity.
Tag us on Facebook or Instagram (#sealifekellytarltons) and show us their colouring-in skills!
Pre-book Your Tickets
We are open 7 days during these school holidays (10 July - 25 July 2021).
Pre-book now to guarantee entry.
Please Note: We are now cashless. If you wish to make payment on-site at our Admissions Desk or any other stations, please ensure you have a bank card (EFTPOS/Credit Card) with you to make payments. (Note: Cheque is no longer accepted at the aquarium)
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass giving you 10 digital photos – valued at $26!
- Express entry with mobile ticket entry
- Save up to 20% in advance! Only available for weekdays, excluding school holidays
- Buy together and save up to $33 online, now includes Digi Photo Pass giving you 10 digital photos!
- Family Pass is only available online
- Prices vary by date and time
- Book this ticket if you have an open dated ticket or a general admission ticket valid whilst the attraction was closed
- Book this ticket if you are holding a ticket purchased from a third party
- Limited capacity, make sure you book a date and time to guarantee entry
Dress up in your shark costume for free entry!
It's all about sharks at SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s these school holidays!
Dress up as in your most jawsome shark costume for free entry during these school holidays.Related blog posts