Getting To Our Aquarium
Find Us in Auckland
Getting to SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium is easy!
ADDRESS: 23 Tamaki Drive, Orakei, Auckland NZ 1071
GPS USERS: Please navigate to 23 Tamaki Drive, Orakei.
SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium is only a 10-minute drive or 6km (3.7 miles) from downtown Auckland. Check out the transport details below.Get Google Map Directions
Free parking and ocean views!
Coming from the Southern, Northern, or Western motorway, take the Port exit and follow the road until reaching a T-intersection (ports of Auckland will be directly in front).
Turn right onto Tamaki Drive. Kelly Tarlton's is located on the right-hand side of the road (10-minute drive).
Free car parking is available in the Kelly Tarlton's car park, and on Tamaki Drive, subject to availability.
Public Bus Service
Catch the Auckland Transport TāmakiLink public bus service
TāmakiLink buses run frequently to and from SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium from Britomart every 15 minutes, 7 days a week. Coded as TMK Bus, the bright blue buses are wheelchair and pushchair friendly!
- To Kelly Tarlton's: Hop on at Bus Stop 7019, at 55 Customs Street East (near Coffee Club Café). Allow 20-30 minutes travel time. Hop off at Bus Stop 7320. Departs every 15 minutes daily*
- From Kelly Tarlton's: Hop on at Bus Stop 7323. Allow 30-40 minutes travel time. Departs every 15 minutes daily*
*Actual frequency may vary. Normal fares apply.
Chartered coaches are not permitted to enter the SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's carpark during the daytime. Unless specifically told otherwise, your bus stop for drop off and pick up is located between SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Mantell's Functions Venue, 19 Tamaki Drive (the old Hammerheads Restaurant).
Kelly Tarlton's offers all drivers a free admission on the day their passengers visit (driver ID must be shown).
School buses are not permitted to enter the SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's carpark during the daytime. Unless specifically told otherwise, your bus stop for drop off and pick up is located between SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Mantell's Functions Venue, 19 Tamaki Drive (the old Hammerheads Restaurant). All Self-Directed visits must enter the aquarium through the main entrance. Classroom sessions and Semi-Guided tours should head to the EXIT building.
If you are visiting with a school for a sleepover and arriving at 7pm, the bus can park in the SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's carpark. Entrance for a sleepover is via the exit building.
Want To Save On Tickets?
Buy your tickets online at least one day in advance during off-peak periods and save up to 20% on walk-up general admission prices.
Lock in your aquarium ticket savings below.
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass giving you 10 digital photos – valued at $26!
- Express entry with mobile ticket entry
- Save up to 20% in advance! Only available for weekdays, excluding school holidays
- Buy together and save up to $33 online, now includes Digi Photo Pass giving you 10 digital photos!
- Family Pass is only available online
- Prices vary by date and time
- Get up close to our Sub-antarctic penguin colony
- A truly unique 60mins behind the scenes experience (age 14+)
- All day aquarium admission included