SEA LIFE at Mall of America has re-opened!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are you doing to make sure SEA LIFE is safe to visit?
- At SEA LIFE AT MALL OF AMERICA we place the utmost importance on the safety and well- being of our guests, team members and sea creatures.
To ensure that everyone can come explore our attraction without concern, we have introduced a range of new health and safety protocols intended to reduce the risk associated with COVID-19 and mitigate exposure for our guests, our team members and the greater community overall.
- We are closely monitoring local, state and federal government policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates and public health advancements.
- We will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to our protocols and procedures.
- Guests will notice a lot of hand sanitizing stations, signage, floor graphics, digital messaging, stanchions, sneeze guards, enhanced cleaning procedures and face masks throughout the attraction. You can learn more about the many things we are doing by reviewing our comprehensive COVID-19 Health & Safety Preparedness Plan.
What can guests do to help create a healthy and safe environment while visiting SEA LIFE?
- Some of the health and safety measures implemented at the attraction will be clearly visible to guests from the moment they arrive. Others require cooperative consideration from guests in order to assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment and to ensure that everyone has a fantastic visit. These measures include adhering to social distancing requirements, washing hands frequently, wearing a mask and, most importantly, staying home if they are sick.
Are masks required to be worn while visiting SEA LIFE?
- In line with local authority guidance and the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, face coverings must be worn in all indoor venues, including SEA LIFE. Guests are required to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth completely. Children five years and under and people with special medical conditions are exempt from this requirement.
What are you doing to keep your employees safe?
- Our comprehensive health & safety plan addresses workplace/employee safety and hygiene protocols. These new protocols include providing masks, gloves and hand sanitizer to SEA LIFE employees, conducting education and training related to the impact of COVID-19, providing additional cleaning supplies and equipment, installing sneeze guards and other social separation barriers, and requiring all employees to receive a pre-shift temperature and health check.
SAFETY + CAPACITY QUESTIONS:
How are you going to regulate the 25 percent occupancy as required by the Governor?
- SEA LIFE has a plan in place to allow for no more than 25 percent occupancy within the attraction. Capacity will be managed using timed-ticketing, with a set number of tickets available for pre-purchase at 15-minute intervals. Guests will be encouraged to purchase their tickets online in advance and walk-ups will be turned away or directed to the next available time slot if the attraction is at capacity.
- Each area of our attraction will be reviewed to ensure the proper capacity based on guest-accessible square footage. Necessary adjustments will be made if areas are closed or adjusted on a temporary basis. Additional adjustments will also be made to account for the average length of visit and average group size.
How are you going to manage distancing and flow through the attraction?
- We have a detailed plan that will help to keep SEA LIFE safe for everyone and make sure visitors do not feel unsafe or crowded in our environment. Given the linear nature of the attraction, guest flow will be relegated to “one-way” only, with the venue divided into “sections”. Sections will be identified by signage and floor decals and groups will be instructed to move forward into the next section only once it is clear to do so.
- Limited seating will be available throughout the attraction, but will be reserved for those guests with the greatest need. Safety and distancing protocols will be communicated to pre-purchasers via the website and a pre-visit email, and will also be posted at the Admissions area and throughout the attraction once guests are onsite.
ATTRACTION OFFERINGS AND TICKET INFORMATION:
Will all attraction offerings be open?
- Some in-attraction operational adjustments have been made to ensure minimal opportunity for physical contact and so that appropriate physical distancing can be maintained. Certain “high-touch” machines and experiences, including our interactive Quiz Trail, vending, Virtual Reality and kiddie rides, have been removed from the floor at this time.
- Additional cost experiences, including Talks, Behind-the-Scenes tours, Snorkeling and Overnight programs, have also been temporarily paused.
- The Touch pool remains open, as by “batching” guests into the area, we are able to maintain social distancing and guest flow can be effectively managed alongside animal welfare. Hand-rinsing stations are located directly before and after the touch pool experience.
What forms of payment will be accepted?
- At this time, we are only accepting contactless payment methods and the use of debit/credit cards to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Can I reschedule and visit at a later date?
- If you have purchased tickets for the dates when we will be closed, you may use these tickets for any future date through December 31, 2020. When you decide to visit, simply present your unused ticket at any ticket counter. No advance reservations are required as we have already accounted for these visits in our capacity calculations.
How do I request a refund?
- To request a refund, please send your name, confirmation and email address of the purchaser to Sales@sealifeus.com. Please understand that our team is working through an unprecedented number of reschedules and refunds will be issued as soon as possible.
How long will it take to get my refund?
- Due to the incredibly high volume of traffic on our website, customers may experience delays in response time, and we recognize that this is frustrating. The most up-to-date information will be available on our website, www.visitsealife.com/Minnesota.
What if I bought my ticket from another seller/website?
- If guests’ travel plans were arranged by a third-party, including travel agents, travel-booking websites, or other businesses independent of SEA LIFE, they will need to contact those suppliers directly to understand their policies and any applicable fees for changing or canceling a reservation.
What if I had planned a school field trip, group visit or birthday party?
- If you have a reservation for the dates when we will be closed, please know that we would be happy to reschedule you at a future date. For additional questions, please contact Sales@sealifeus.com.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS
How does the closure of SEA LIFE at Mall of America impact Memberships?
- All memberships that were active throughout the temporary closure have been extended by 4 months. Members do not need to do anything on their end.
Do members need to reserve a spot?
- Yes, with capacity restrictions in place we are asking members to make a reservation before their visit in order to ensure they are able to enter the aquarium at the desired time. Reservations can be made here.