Bring Your Stars to Meet Ours!
SEA LIFE at Mall of America offers groups the opportunity to explore the creatures that live in our lakes, rivers and oceans through interactive, hands-on experiences. From feeling the spiny skin of a sea star to gazing at sharks swimming overhead, spend the day exploring over 11 zones, thousands of sea creatures and over 200 species in an immersive setting.Subscribe To Our Newsletter
School Field Trips
Introduce students to a range of scientific topics and encourage excitement and curiosity about marine phenomena in the natural world. Ignite imagination and wonder in your class as students come face-to-fin with over 2,000 creatures and get closer than ever before!
- Reduced admission rates
- Free chaperones (1:5 ratio)
- Educational Programs
- Self-guided learning resources
- Online booking form
Our school programs explore animal behavior, habitats, adaptations, ecosystems, anatomy and water chemistry and are designed to meet Minnesota State Academic Standards. Workshops are available for students are all ages, Pre-k through High School.
- Curriculum linked activities
- Programs meet Minnesota State Academic Standards
- 45 minute programs for PreK - 12th Grade
- Before and after visit resources
PLAN YOUR VISIT
UPGRADE YOUR TRIP WITH AN EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP DESIGNED TO MEET MINNESOTA STATE ACADEMIC STANDARDS
In addition to our amazing aquarium experience, we work closely with teachers to develop educational programs to enhance your students' visit. For self-guided field trips (admission only), we provide FREE downloadable materials that can be used before, during or after your trip.
- Receive pre and post visit lesson plans and activities
- Add a workshop for as low as $3 more per student
- 10 minimum students required to book
- Workshops are not available on weekends, holidays or school breaks
BOOK A SCHOOL GROUP OF 10+ STUDENTS TODAY AND SAVE!
- For every 5 paying students, 1 adult receives free admission
- Minimum of at least 10 students required for discounted field trip rates and educational programming
- Chaperones may be limited due to classroom size
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR TRIP:
- Reservations are required a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. Discounted pricing is not available at the door.
- Submit our online booking request and a booking coordinator will get back to you within 72 hours.
- All prices are subject to tax. Tax exempt forms must be submitted before payment.
- Payment is due 10 business days prior to your visit date by school check or Visa/MasterCard.
- Changes including final visitor count and cancellation can be made up until point of payment. Once paid, bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Education Workshops are not offered during school breaks, weekends and holidays.
IMPORTANT VISIT INFORMATION:
- Schools should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This will allow time for the group leader to check in and SEA LIFE Aquarium staff to provide instructions for the day!
- Larger schools and groups are asked to arrange into smaller group segments prior to arrival and entry is staggered to avoid congestion in the Exhibit Areas.
- All buses and shuttles are required by the Mall of America Security Team to drop off and pick up students at the North Entrance. Detailed instructions will be provided once your reservation has been made.
- SEA LIFE does not have eating facilities on-site. If your group plans on eating while visiting MOA, you may go to either the North or South Food Court both located on the 3rd floor. SEA LIFE can store your lunches onsite during your visit if needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Admire over 11 zones, thousands of sea creatures and over 200 species in an immersive setting
- Encounter a vast array of creatures including sharks, rays, green sea turtles and more
- Learn how you can make the oceans a better place through our conservation program
- Gaze at creatures swimming overhead in our 360-degree ocean tunnel
- Touch a crab, urchin, sea star & other rockpool creatures in the Interactive Touchpool
- Daily educational creature talks that your class can attend
- FREE downloadable materials that can be used before, during or after your trip.
Educational Activities: Free Downloads
Make Your Own Aquarium
Get creative with your own aquarium made with household supplies!
Ocean Kids Conservation Worksheet
Learn about conservation and how to protect wildlife by completing our Ocean Kids Conservation Worksheet!
Ocean Kids Conservation Worksheet Key
World Ocean Day Activity
Make a bottle cap turtle reusing household items!
Receive classroom content & latest news!
Subscribe to our Educator Newsletter and stay connected. We'll deliver our newest teacher resources, keep you in the know of any special offers, educator event invites, friends and family discounts, giveaways and more!
Please note the newsletter signup below is for general consumers, our Educator Newsletter is tailored to meet your teaching needs! Please subscribe with the link above.