Go back to blog
- Tuesday 30th July 2019
Wondering what to do in Sydney, that’s cheap and cheery? Nature, culture and wildlife – this fun and epic list has it all. It’s also full of kids activities in Sydney. How many can you tick off?
- Well, we gotta start high. 250 metres high! See all of Sydney sparkling from the city’s tallest building.
- Picnic away and let the kids make a ruckus at the harbourside, Piramma Park; the sweet scenic spot between the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Anzac Bridge.
- Befriend the Australian native fishies who call Sydney Harbour their home. From silvery stripes to strange-looking sharks!
- Then meet the human legends who helped make Australia the country it is today.
- You haven’t been to Sydney if you haven’t walked the jaw-dropping coastline from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach. Remember to slip, slop, slap, and pack your swimmers.
- For a genuinely iconic ride, catch a ferry from Circular Quay to Manly; can you believe this is the daily commute for many locals?
- Sydneysiders are morning people, so make like a local and swim at Bronte’s natural pools. It’s exceptionally beautiful during sunrise.
- Snorkelling with kids at the calm oasis of Balmoral is an unforgettable family experience.
- While in Balmoral, don’t miss munching on a big colourful bowl of bircher muesli with fresh fruit; like a warm hug from Grandpa.
- What about feasting your eyes on 13,000 spectacular sea creatures swimming all around you?
- Here between May and November? Watch one of the 10,000 migrating whales that travel from Antarctica to North Queensland, stopping by in Sydney!
- But all year round, don’t forget to see the five iconic Australian animals in the heart of the city.
- Then immerse yourself in an enchanting replica of the Daintree Rainforest.
- Why not check out the world’s largest Great Barrier Reef exhibit? Walk across bioluminescent beaches, witness the phenomenon of coral spawning and journey through jellyfish swarms!
- Connect with the incredible, beautiful and ancient Aboriginal culture and sample some bush foods too.
- Marvel at blooms looking their best at all different times of the year at the Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Or take a walk through a gorgeous garden with a beautiful love story.
- Let Messina steal your heart with their delicious, locally-made gelato.
- But will sweets make you happier than the happy feet of cute penguins? Put on the provided snow gear and hop aboard a sub-Antarctic expedition. See these cheeky birds waddling, slipping, and sliding right by your feet. No, you’re not in Antartica. You’re in Sydney’s CBD!
- For local family-friendly market vibes, mark down the Marrickville Organic Food & Farmers Markets. Pony rides and babycinos are all part of the fun.
- For a truly unforgettable meal, how about a family Breakfast with The Koalas?
- Soar through the sky. Just casually.
- Then walk between the canopies of Australian bushland.
- The locals will tell you Sydney also extends beyond the city. So, get outta town for the day and conquer family-friendly bushwalking tracks in The Blue Mountains.
- While you’re at it, chase some serene waterfalls.