Go back to blog
Apply for the coolest job in the world at SEA LIFE Sydney!
- Thursday 23rd November 2017
We are pleased to offer the unique and exciting role of Displays Curator at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium – a full time, salaried leadership position at one of SEA LIFE's global flagship sites.
Located in Sydney’s beautiful Darling Harbour, this world famous coastal aquarium is home to thousands of amazing creatures, from our two Dugongs, Pig and Wuru, through to Grey Nurse Sharks, Tropical Fish, and even our colony of King and Gentoo Penguins, housed in their state-of-the-art Sub-Antarctic display!
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Be adept in managing diverse animal collections reflective of the scope of our attraction
- A passion for delivering memorable experiences for the millions of guests that come through our doors
- Experience leading a team of talented people that manage these displays in providing development platforms, engagement opportunities and performance management
- Passionate about safety and creature welfare
- Good levels of life support systems and maintenance knowledge
- Understanding of (or capacity to understand) local legal compliance
- Be a champion for standard, hygiene and ongoing development
- Have the ability to conceptualise, develop and ultimately implement a world-class rolling displays development plan to secure; being one of Merlin's busiest aquaria means that we seldom stop moving and we are looking for someone who can help secure SEA LIFE Sydney’s position as a jewel in the Merlin Entertainments’ crown!
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you an experienced Curator looking to gain more knowledge and experience of working with this fantastic product?
- Are you able to deliver the ultimate in memorable experiences?
- Do you like working in a fast-paced environment?
- Have you previously managed a team?
If you answered yes to these questions then you could be in with a chance of joining the team!
Merlin Entertainments is the leading name in location based, quality family entertainment and the world’s number two visitor attraction operator. We currently have over 100 attractions spread across 24 countries and four continents, and aim to deliver unique and memorable experiences to over 560 million visitors worldwide. Enjoy some of our great benefits including a Merlin Magic pass, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, a 40% discount online off of Lego, and much more!
Team Merlin lives and breathes The Merlin Way: This is our culture and it pulls together our vision and values. It is at the heart of what we do. It captures what a Merlin person is about and helps shape how we will continue to achieve business growth and our objectives for the future. The Merlin Way represents our company’s DNA.
- We love what we do
- We care
- We are innovative and fast moving
- We do what we say
- We make every £, $, € ... count
- We take ownership
- …and we do it all FOR THE LOVE OF FUN!
To apply for this unique role, please email: Richard.Dilly@merlinentertainments.biz
Applications close on 1st December 2017