Go back to blog
Turtle Shellfie Competition
- Monday 5th May 2014
The SEA LIFE Conservation Fund, in partnership with SEA LIFE aquariums across New Zealand and Australia is running a #turtleshellfie Facebook competition - a fun, one-month long, social media competition engaging turtle lovers around Australia and New Zealand to help raise much needed awareness and funds for turtle conservation.
We're encouraging people to upload their best 'Turtle Shellfie' - a selfie photo impersonating a turtle or with a turtle in it.
All the turtle 'shellfies' submitted will feature alongside celebrity turtle supporters including singer, actress and model Sophie Monk, TV wildlife presenter David Whitehill and Totally Wild presenter Natalie Hunter in a Facebook online gallery to demonstrate that Australians back the protection of turtles.
Take part and help protect wild turtles
In the wild, sea turtles face many obstacles to their survival. Of the seven marine species which occur mostly in Australian waters, as many as six are listed from vulnerable through to critically endangered, all because of human impacts such as hunting, boat strikes, habitat destruction and plastic pollution.
Entering this Competition is Easy:
1. Upload your pic via the competition tab on the SEA LIFE Conservation Fund Facebook page.
2. One you've submitted your entry form, you'll get a link to download a discounted SEA LIFE aquarium admission voucher, valid at any of these SEA LIFE aquariums in Australia and New Zealand:
- Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium (NZ) - SAVE $10 OFF ENTRY
- Underwaterworld SEA LIFE Mooloolaba - SAVE $10 OFF ENTRY
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium - SAVE $10 OFF ENTRY
- Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary - SAVE $5 OFF ENTRY
- SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium - SAVE $10 OFF ENTRY
PLUS for each discount admission voucher redeemed, SEA LIFE will donate $2.50 to the SEA LIFE Conservation Fund to help protect endangered turtles and assist in a tag and release program via www.turtlewatch.org.au.
All submitted 'Turtle Shellfies' will go into the draw to win a fantastic turtle experience holiday on the Sunshine Coast worth up to $3,500.