Go back to blog
COVID-19 Update January 2021
- Tuesday 12th January 2021
If you have been in the Greater Brisbane region since 2 January 2021, we ask that you follow the current health advice to wear a mask:
You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave your home (or accommodation), unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, except in your home (or accommodation).
• airports and travelling on planes
• waiting indoors for takeaway food
• shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets
• public transport, taxis and rideshare
• indoor recreational facilities and gyms
• places of worship
• indoor workplaces (where you can’t socially distance)
Queensland Health recommends you wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people, such as busy walkways, waiting in lines and thoroughfares.
You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home (or your accommodation), unless you have a lawful reason not to.
The Greater Brisbane restrictions apply to anyone who has been in the Greater Brisbane region (see areas below) since 2 January 2021, no matter where you may have travelled to since (unless 14 days have passed since you left the region).
• Brisbane City Council area
• Ipswich City Council area
• Logan City Council area
• Moreton Bay Regional Council area
• Redlands City Council area
For further information, please visit www.health.qld.gov.au