Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium.
Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast
Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast. Please read carefully before completing your purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: All prices shown on this website are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
General Terms and Conditions
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast (the “Attraction”), part of the Merlin Entertainments Group, is owned and operated by Underwater World Sunshine Coast Pty Ltd ("Merlin", "we", "us"). We place great importance on the safety of our visitors and endeavour to ensure that the high standards set by the company, are complied with by all those in the Attraction. We are only prepared to allow entry to the Attraction to those visitors who are willing to comply with the Attraction Regulations set out below.
We are sure that you will wish to assist us in ensuring the Attraction and facilities therein remain a safe place in which to enjoy a fun-filled experience. To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation within the Attraction.
1. All persons entering SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast are admitted subject to the following Attraction Regulations. Any person who does not comply with these Regulations may be removed from the Attraction by either SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Security Personnel/Staff or Police Officers. This without prejudice to any claim that the Attraction may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, all visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by Security, Attraction Personnel or Police Officers.
2. SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction or remove from the Attraction any person who:
2.1 has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
2.2 has behaved in the Attraction in a manner, which, in the opinion of SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors; or
2.3 uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors in the Attraction.
3. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Staff. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Attraction or being found inside the Attraction without a valid admission ticket may be ejected from the Attraction.
4. No child or children aged 15 or under will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
5. Guide Dogs and Assistance Animals are permitted in accordance with section 9 of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth). We reserve the right to exercise any exemptions under the Act, including if we suspect that the assistance animal has an infectious disease that may affect other patrons or the health of our animals. We also reserve the right to require evidence relating to your assistance animal or its training in accordance with section 54A(5) of the Act. To facilitate your ease of entry with an assistance animal, we strongly recommended you contact us at least 2 days prior to your visit so that we can discuss any arrangements or assistance that you may need from us.
6. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Attraction, visitors are admitted to the Attraction subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article, which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
7. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is not permitted anywhere in the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor must not be taken into the Attraction and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction.
8. SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast will endeavour to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Attraction, close the Attraction or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction, and/or close any part of the Attraction or interactive programme for operational reasons.
9. Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance/disturbance to other visitors and/or animals or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction.
10. The climbing of or standing upon railings, barriers or structures is strictly prohibited.
11. Only SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast staff or appointed contractors (such as Magic Memories photography) are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Attraction, including but not limited to tickets, gift shop items and food and beverages.
12. SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in the Attraction.
13. From time to time SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Regulations, you agree that Sunshine Coast or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Sunshine Coast or such authorised party (as the case may be).
14. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast.
15. The wearing of clothing, which in the opinion of SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, is offensive to other visitors is not permitted. Footwear and shirts must be worn at all times.
16. For all payments made via this website, Underwater World Sunshine Coast Pty Ltdwill be the responsible contractual party. This responsibility includes refunds, chargebacks, cancellations and dispute resolution. In the event that a dispute is raised, we will offer the first line of support and will refund the Buyer if deemed appropriate.
17.1 Safety Measures: In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of persons visiting our Attractions.
17.2 Visitor Requirements: The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
17.3 Acceptance of risk: The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.
These Regulations are for the benefit of all our visitors and will be strictly enforced.
18.Our liability to you
Claims Notification Enquiries
The UK Employers Liability Insurance Policy and the Global Public Liability Insurance Policy are both held with Chubb European Group Limited under Policy Number UKCANC33447.
Claims are administered by Sedgwick and should be submitted via the claims portal. The portal ID is D00029.
If you do not have access to the claims portal, claims should be submitted to Merlin@uk.sedgwick.com
Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
All tickets purchased online require the Visitor to produce evidence of purchase upon arrival at the attraction. Ticket/s will be emailed to the email address nominated by the Visitor at time of purchase upon successful completion of the transaction. Foreign exchange fees may be applied to some transactions at the discretion of the guest's bank or card issuer. Domestic guests with queries regarding foreign exchange fees can contact the attraction using the contact details provided on the website.
Refund Policy: Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. All persons entering the Attraction must have a valid entrance ticket which must be retained during your visit. As the tickets are non-transferable, accordingly they may not be sold or passed to any third party.
The visitor attraction known as SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast and situated on Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba (the “Attraction") is owned by Underwater World Sunshine Coast Pty Ltd. All ticket holders to the Attraction are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and by acquiring one or more tickets to the Attraction ("Ticket" or "Tickets") you confirm to Merlin that you accept these terms and conditions of use. Ticket holders are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "Visitors".
1.1 One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to the Attraction on a single occasion. Once Visitors have left the Attraction, they will need to purchase an additional Ticket to re-enter the Attraction.
1.2 All persons entering the Attraction must hold a valid Ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of staff. Failure to produce a valid Ticket on request may result in removal from the Attraction.
1.3 Group Tickets for parties of 10 or more may be available at discounted rates ("Group Tickets"). Please see the Groups section of the Attraction website for details.
1.4 Where Ticket prices vary according to age, the following provisions apply:
1.4.1 A person of 16 years or older is classed as an adult;
1.4.2 A person aged 3 to 15 years is classed as a child; and
1.4.3 For children aged 2 years and under, no admission fee will be charged.
1.5 Concession Tickets apply to the following groups:
1.5.1 Students, upon production of a valid Student Concession Card;
1.5.2 Seniors upon presentation of ID to verify their age as over 65; and
1.5.3 Carers Card holders, upon presentation of a valid Carers Card.
1.6 Disabled rates are available to eligible parties. Note: One Companion Card Holder can enter free of charge with each person with a disability.
1.7 The price of Tickets may vary from time to time and the prices advertised are not guaranteed.
1.8 Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and void if altered and Tickets that Merlin reasonably suspects have been transferred or altered will not be honoured. If lost, Tickets will not be replaced.
1.9 Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of the Attraction. Subject to availability and at Merlin's discretion, Visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of the Attraction.
1.10 From time to time, Merlin may issue Tickets under special promotions ("Promotional Tickets") but Promotional Tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any terms and conditions affecting the particular promotion.
1.11 Flexible tickets are only valid for 12 months from purchase.
2. Pre-booked Tickets
2.1 Pre-booked Tickets purchased via the website (including Priority Access Tickets (as defined below)) should be produced by the Visitor on arrival for inspection and will be scanned to check validity.
2.2 Pre booked Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer.
3. Priority Access Tickets
3.1 Where available, Visitors will be able to purchase Tickets entitling them to gain entry to the Attraction in priority to holders of standard Tickets ("Priority Access Tickets"). This does not ensure guaranteed entry and queuing may be needed in line with the capacity of the attraction.
3.2 Priority Access Tickets will entitle the Visitor to gain priority access during a specified time slot ("the Allocated Entry Time") as described at time of purchase.
3.3 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed to receive priority access and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance.
3.4 Once purchased, Priority Access Tickets may not be transferred, assigned or re-sold to any third party.
4. Time Specific Tickets
4.1 Time Specific Tickets entitle the Visitor to access within the timeslot specified when booking (e.g. after 5pm) if applicable.
4.2 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed entry and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance.
This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.