Don't miss the famous Seal Presentation
Places are limited
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast is home to a playful colony of seals and sea lions that you can see in action at our Seal Presentation! The seals and sea lions are a fan favourite, entertaining crowds of all ages as they demonstrate their natural behaviours and interact with our trainers.
In our Seal Presentation, guests will discover fascinating facts about these marine mammals and learn how to help protect them in the wild. All of the residents of Seal Island are ambassadors for their species, helping us raise awareness about the need for their protection in the wild.
The Seal Presentation takes place daily and is included in the price of admission.
Love seals and want to know more? Checkout our fun facts about seals.
Important Update on COVID-19
Please read carefully
There is limited seating at the Seal Stadium in line with Government Restrictions on COVID-19.
- Stadium will be closed off after maximum capacity allowing for physical distancing of guests.
- It's is important that you use the provided QR codes at the entry of the Seal Stadium. Please scan and fill in your details for contact tracing if necessary.
- Members of the same social group (a family or group of friends whom purchased their tickets together) may sit together in a defined area distanced from other social groups by 1.5m.
- Each group will not exceed 10 persons. If the group is larger than 10 they will be split into smaller groups. Eg. 11 people into a group of 5 and 6 and distanced 1.5m apart.
- Guests will be permitted entry into the stadium on a first in basis.
- Cleaning and sanitization of the stadium will be performed after each presentation.
- Guests are required to exercise all hygiene precautions as set out by SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast which are aligned with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
- Guests are required to follow staff directions during their visit.
Booking Online is Essential
Due to capacity restrictions we have limited spaces available. You are required to book a date & time slot before your visit.
- Book a day and time to guarantee entry - you will gain entry within half an hour of your designated time slot!
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass giving you unlimited digital photos – valued at $26!
- Pre-book online to save up to 20% weekdays and outside school holidays
Seal Island and Lower Seal Island
Our amazing Seal Island is spread across two levels, Watch the fun and educational Seal Presentation at Seal Island, and see what our cheeky seals are up to. Then go below and have a closer look beneath the surface at Lower Seal Island, where you can have a close look at our playful seals underneath the water. This is the best way to really watch their agility, speed and natural behavior under water.
See More About Seals
Take a seal home today and get your Seal Showbag online or at our gift store. Pick up one of these goodie bags filled with all your seal faves during your journey through the aquarium. Hurry they are available for a limited time only and great value!
Meet Some of Our Resident Seals
Come and meet four different species at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast including; Australian fur seals, Australian sea lions, long nosed fur seals and a subantarctic fur seal.
Groucho is a male Australian Fur Seal and arrived at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast in 2000. He was found on a Victorian beach, only weighing 11.5kg. It is thought that members of the public had probably been feeding Groucho from a young age, which had caused him to forget how to hunt for himself. He had become reliant on people for food and was starving. He's definitely not starving anymore (he often weighs over 200kg!) and his story teaches a valuable lesson as to why we should never feed wild animals!
Teiko is a female Australian Sea Lion who was born here at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast in 1997 as part of the endangered Australian Sea Lion breeding program. Teiko has a very unique swimming style and she can often be seen twirling as she glides through the water – this makes her really easy to spot! Her favourite enrichment toys are shiny silver objects in various shapes and sizes as well as a length of stretchy bungee.
Moana is a female Long Nosed Fur Seal who was rescued from a dog beach at Nambucca Heads in NSW. Although she is the smallest seal that lives here she is extremely confident, and she loves interact with guests. Moana is incredibly playful and loves any toy she is given, but her particular favourites include the bungee, white pipe and karate belts. She can sometimes be spotted playing tug of war with Teiko the Australian Sea Lion. Moana is fascinated by splashing water – she likes to play and groom underneath the splashes, or chase the water streaming from a hose around the water.