Health, Safety and Security
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast is open
Prior to your visit
Our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members must pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting the aquarium.
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets must pre-book here.
- For information on current opening days and times, please click here.
- There is also limited capacity per seal presentation, and limited animal talks or feeds.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Our aquarium is now cashless. Please use your phone to buy tickets online, or pay by card at our kiosk.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please see here for information around amending your booking.
On arrival at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast:
- In line with government advice, the wearing of masks is no longer mandatory in our attractions. However it is recommended in situations where you are unable to social distance.
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
Social distancing measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues and viewing areas. Clear markers or signage has been installed in our building entry and viewing areas to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. This includes reduced seating in Seal Stadium. Our employees will monitor the queues and viewing areas to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- There will be a reduced number of educational talks and feeds so please check this page for timings.
- The Seal Presentation currently has reduced capacity in line with our COVID Safe plan and governed by Queensland Health. For more information, please click here.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have suspended some experiences to ensure that social distancing is suitably maintained. This includes the temporary suspension of the Seal Encounter and the Seal Trainer for a Day. The Seal Swim, the Behind the Scenes Tour, and the Penguin Encounters are available to book, and we request guests to always respect social distancing.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we now conduct educational talks and how we undertake guest service activities.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates, elevator buttons and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to visit us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and well being of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
We thank you for your custom and understanding. Now, let’s make new magical memories together!
Buy tickets now
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass with 8 digital photos – valued at $26!
- Get your ticket on your phone
Ticket Type Price on the day/School Holidays/Weekends SAVE 20% - Pre-book online in advance on weekdays High-demand pricing Adult From $47 From $37.60
Child (3-15 yrs) From $33 From $26.40 $35 Student or Senior* From $34 From $27.20 $36 Family of 4 (2 adult + 2 child) From $160 From $128 $168 Child (0-2 yrs) FREE FREE FREE
*All concession holders must have a valid concession/student to gain access to the attraction with a Student/Senior ticket.
Please note: Our ticket pricing is subject to available capacity and prices may fluctuate during periods of high demand.
- Book a day and time to guarantee entry - you will gain entry within half an hour of your designated time slot!
- Buy as a family and save over 25%
- Valid for 2 Adults + 2 Children (age 3-15) - free admission under age 3
- Only available online
Health, Safety and Security
Safety is our number one priority. It’s engrained in all we do and central to our values and principles. We call this safety-first approach Protecting the Magic.
Protecting the Magic is about driving a positive, proactive culture of safety across all our attractions. It helps our leaders, people and business partners identify and manage risks effectively, prevent accidents and deliver unforgettable guest experiences.
We focus all our energy on looking after our guests, colleagues, contractors and the animals in our care. Our mission is clear – to always ensure we're Protecting the Magic every day through world class people and practices.
Our Six Spells of Safety
To Protect the Magic, everyone at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast applies our ‘Six Spells for Safety’. It's a simple step-by-step reminder of what everyone can do to help, whatever their role or responsibility.
- Use your head: Think 'safety first' before starting every task
- Be on guard: Keep guests, colleagues and animals safe
- Do it right: Follow all safety rules and practices
- Take a minute: Always keep your work area safe, secure and tidy
- Tell us now: Report anything unsafe, ask if you're ever unsure
- Help us all: Share your ideas for improving safety
Our Safety Culture
We're dedicated to going beyond legal compliance and delivering world-class Health, Safety and Security standards that continuously raise the bar.
These are embedded in the organisation through protocol, processes and communications, supported by a central team of health and safety experts. To learn more, read our guide to Health, Safety and Security below and visit www.protectingthemagic.com where both employee and contractor handbooks are accessible.