As part of the New Zealand Government’s update to the COVID-19 Protection Framework (Traffic Light System), Vaccine Certificates will not be required from 11.59pm on 04 April 2022. Note, face masks are still required at our indoor attraction.
For more information around rescheduling your pre-purchased tickets please scroll down.
COVID-19: Protecting our guests and employees
At SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium our mission is to create a truly memorable experience and we place the upmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require your consideration to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Prior to your arrival
- Please make sure you have made your booking online.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- The wearing of a face mask is required in this facility
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card (Eftpos/Credit Card), rather than cash/cheque.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use Facebook Messenger to contact us should you need to amend your booking.
Social distancing measures within our attraction
- Group bookings have been limited to 20 people
- We have introduced arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry, viewing areas, and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- Guests viewing educational talks, will be separated from the performances and each other in accordance with social distancing requirements.
- We have introduced capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have suspended some experiences to ensure that social distancing is suitably maintained. These are Shark Cage Snorkel and Penguin Passport.
- We have installed hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we now conduct educational talks and how we undertake guest service activities.
On arrival at SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- If arriving by car, we request that you leave a car park space between you and the next vehicle.
- Guests will notice information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction
- We have introduced Enhanced Cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, ride restraints, door handles / plates, elevator buttons and taps.
- We have Deep Cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations / hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
We thank you for your custom and understanding. Now, let’s make new magical memories together!
Rescheduling your visit
Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we are honouring all General Admission tickets pre-booked to visit over the site closure period (18 August to 10 November 2021) until 31 March 2022.
If you have pre-purchased General Admission tickets for visits over the site closure period & need to postpone your visit, simply visit our attraction by 31 March 2022 with your existing ticket & make sure to pre-book a timeslot here
Animal Experiences will resume operations when Auckland moves to Orange Traffic Light setting. If you have pre-purchased tickets to visit during the site closure period, or during the Red Traffic Light period, please re-book your session time slots with the links below. Your tickets will be honoured until 31 October 2022.
- To re-book for your Shark Cage Adventure, please click here
- To re-book for your Penguin Passport Encounter, please click here
Sign up for updates!
Sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest news and re-opening information. We can't wait to have you back!
The attraction was closed between 18 August and 10 November 2021. The decision to temporarily close the attraction was based on the guidance from the Government in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
All valid passholders will receive 3 months of extension to cover the time lost due to attraction closure during the 18 August to 10 November 2021 lockdown. You do not need to do anything, the extensions will apply on our system.
Yes, due to reduced daily ticketed capacity, all guests must pre-book for their visit. Please ensure to pre-book for infants and any free of charge persons in the group.