Go back to blog
Visiting SEA LIFE Sydney this Summer? Here's some top tips to help you have a JAWSOME time!
- Wednesday 18th December 2019
- school holidays, Family, Sharks
Are you ready to celebrate a summer of sharks SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium these holidays? To help ensure that your visit to the aquarium goes swimmingly check our handy tips & tricks checklist!
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Book in advance and SAVE! When booking tickets online you may receive a time slot – this helps reduce crowding throughout the journey so you can stay comfortable.
- When booking online make sure you select ‘print at home/mobile ticket’ this allows you head straight to the attraction entry and start your experience
- Day out for the whole family? Please provide your kids with your contact number so if they wander off we can reunite them with you easily! If you do lose your child/family member look for a staff member in a blue shirt and they will alert the team.
- Prefer to go pram free? We like it! It helps reduce crowding!
- Before your visit make sure you make a stop at the bathrooms in the admissions foyer. The next set of toilets is located at our Macquarie Island Exhibit, more than half way through the journey.
- Planning to visit on a public holiday? Double check our opening hours before your visit as some holidays may impact our operating hours.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Did you know we have the largest variety of sharks in Australia? Keep your eyes peeled for all 13 species!
- Next check out Sydney’s coolest new exhibit – Day and Night on the Reef! Discover the magic of life on the Great Barrier Reef in our new zone and journey through 24 hours on the reef. Plus try and spot our 4 different shark species in this zone!
- Want to see the sharks from above? Set sail on our Glass Bottom Boat Tour and get a unique view of our Day and Night on the Reef exhibit as you are skippered along the top of the tank! We recommend you book in advance to secure your place.
- If you’re planning to discover the Penguin Expedition (we recommend you do!), make sure you embark the boat ride before we begin to close the ride at 6:00pm.
- Keep hydrated! We have a water re-fill station in our conservation quay zone, bring along your own re-usable water bottle and fill it up here.
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- Let us know your thoughts! We love hearing about your experience with us, leave us a review on Google, Facebook & Trip Advisor
- Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages for all the latest news!
- Share your photos with us on Facebook and Instagram @SEALIFESydneyAquarium don’t forget to #SharksoftheReef
We can’t wait to SEA you!