- Various dates during 2023
- Each session will last 2 hours
- Free to participate and includes a complimentary visit to SEA LIFE Manchester
- Suitable for the whole family
Canal Clean Event Calendar
|Thursday 26th January||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Thursday 23rd February||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Saturday 25th March||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Thursday 20th April||Bridgewater Canal Clean and 5K Charity Walk||From 1pm|
|Saturday 20th May||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Thursday 8th June (Global Beach Clean)||Formby Beach*||From 11am|
|Friday 7th July||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Thursday 24th August||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Saturday 23rd September||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Thursday 19th October||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Thursday 23rd November||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
|Saturday 9th December||Bridgewater Canal Clean||1pm - 3pm|
How to join
At SEA LIFE Manchester, we've recognised the importance of access to outdoor space for all.
Our local canals in the area see tons of litter (and larger items!) dumped there every year. SEA LIFE Manchester conduct canal cleans every month and we need your help!
Join us to help keep our local canals litter free to help protect the creatures and our environment and you will get yourself FREE entry into SEA LIFE Manchester so you will feel great too!
You can select a date or participate monthly by completing our sign up form below.
Places are limited and your participation will be confirmed via email.
Also worth knowing...
Note that in severe weather we may have to cancel and that there may be additional covid restrictions in place in line with the UK Government guidance.
- What to wear: We recommend you dress for the season/weather and please wear appropriate footwear, sturdy shoes are a must for protection.
- What to bring: All equipment including litter grabbers, Hi-Vis vests, bin bags etc will be provided by SEA LIFE Manchester. If you're picking litter with your hands it's worth wearing a strong pair of gloves - like gardening gloves - just to make sure you're protected. We'd also recommend you pack a bag with a few essentials like sunscreen (during the warmer season), hand sanitiser, and perhaps some snacks and a drink (in a reusable bottle, of course).
If you need to contact us regarding one of our canal cleans please email ConservationSLM@merlinentertainments.biz
Help us with the Turtle Tally!
We’re helping Turtle Tally UK to keep track of sightings of terrapins and turtles in our waterways.
Whilst you clean the canals we are asking volunteers to keep their eye out for these creatures and note any sightings.
Read more about the Turtle Tally UK’s work here: https://www.turtletally.co.uk/