We are committed to protecting Australia's unique aquatic animals and their habitats.
Here at SEA LIFE we care deeply about our oceans, the creatures that live above and beneath the surface and those we are lucky enough to have in our care.
We aim to inspire our visitors to care as much as we do and help raise awareness of the critical importance of our oceans.
After all, we only get one planet!
Below are our three pillars supporting our conservation philosophy at SEA LIFE Melbourne.
- Establishing breeding programs
- Better understanding the species in our care
- Conserving vulnerable species
- Nurse sick and injured creatures
- Rehab and release back into the wild
- Provide a home to those that can't be returned
- Campaign to protect environments and animals
- Take direct action to preserve key habitats
- Support initiatives via the SEA LIFE Trust