- SEA LIFE, Rainforest Adventure
The story of the Lungfish is certainly an interesting fish-tale. It has been described as a ‘living fossil’, with its ancestors dating back to the dinosaurs, well over 100 million years ago. Lungfish are a species of freshwater fish and are best known for retaining primitive characteristics including its ability to breathe air - the only fish species that can - and it does so with its lung! In fact, the lungfish can even wriggle over land and live over the age of 50. Many believe the lungfish is the missing link in the evolutionary chain - which saw fish crawl out of the water to become land-dwelling, backboned animals, like us humans!
Here at SEA LIFE Melbourne there are five species of freshwater turtles. Longneck, shortneck, Mary River, Murray River and Pig-nosed Turtles. Find four adorable species in the Rainforest Walk on Level 1.
Green Tree Python
Mmmm.. delicious! Watch some of our frogs eat meal worms and crickets for lunch!
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass, giving you online access to your digital entry photos – valued at $26!
- Book a date and time to guarantee entry
- Discover thousands of creatures including penguins, jellyfish and a mega Croc!
- Book 24 hours in advance to receive our best price! Only available for weekdays, excluding the school holidays and public holidays
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18+
General Admission Gift Voucher
- A unique gift for someone special
- Entry on any day in the next 3 years
- Skip the queues with express mobile ticket entry