- SEA LIFE, Oceanarium
The silver bodied and black striped Australian mado is native to the east coast of Australia extending from southern Queensland to Tasmania. Growing up to a maximum size of 25cm in length, the mado is typically found amongst coastal reefs and its diet consists of algae, plankton and small crustaceans.
A vibrant yellow fish with striking blue lines the Bluestripe snapper is found as far south as Sydney in the east and around the north of Australia to Perth in the west. Juvenlines prefer shallower waters, including seagrass beds and protected bays, while adults can be found around outer reefs, often in large schools.
This giant species of trevally (caranx ignobilis) is a tropical species that is found throughout the Pacific and Indian Oceans. This particular species loves to swim in schools, you will find them hanging out together in the deepest part of the aquarium - the Oceanarium.
Do you know this?
Did you know that juvenile golden trevally or kingfish have a unique symbiotic relationship with larger fish, such as sharks? They will even approach divers! To escape predators, they can often be found living among jellyfish tentacles. If you're interested in learning more fascinating fish facts, click here.
- Price includes a Digi Photo Pass, giving you online access to your digital entry photos – valued at $26!
- Book a date and time to guarantee entry
- Discover thousands of creatures including penguins, jellyfish and a mega Croc!
- Book 24 hours in advance to receive our best price! Only available for weekdays, excluding the school holidays and public holidays
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18+
General Admission Gift Voucher
- A unique gift for someone special
- Entry on any day in the next 3 years
- Skip the queues with express mobile ticket entry